Shipping Torque Converters

diesel_importer

Anyone have a secret to shipping TC for a decent price. UPS wants $75 to ship one back to Suncoast. That's with a small discount we get.

I look at it like this. How much would it cost you to deliver the converter yourself? 75.00 may not look so bad when you look at it that way.

Yea, I understand it would cost more to drive there and deliver. I also understand there are people that know way more than me about shipping and might have a better way to save some money. One thing I like about buying BD Diesel products is they pay for core return shipping.

Well...there is one trick you can use. Its not super ethical but I did it in college a few times selling things on ebay. If you have a UPS account you can create a return shipment. Make sure you use their address on both fields (shipper and receiver). Sometimes they catch it and sometimes they do not but if they do not it is typically significantly cheaper. $75 is about right given the weight and distance, though. It may not even work these days but if youre desperate there you go.

I look at it like this. How much would it cost you to deliver the converter yourself? 75.00 may not look so bad when you look at it that way.

I drove an 8 hour trip to Goerends, but I brought them 5 converters, 2 valve bodies, and a box of stuff, and picked up more. So it saved me a ton. Plus I took a mini van and got good mileage lol

Geezus, are we really that high now? How much does a converter typically weigh? Prices ramp up very quickly once you hit 70lbs. I shipped a transfer case from MI to TX a few years ago and it was maybe $120, and we dont get **** for a discount.
Make sure the converter is drained as well as you can, cap the snout securely, and make sure its packed properly. Arrows alone wont stop someone along the line from turning the box upside down, so keep that in mind.

I tell people that very thing all the time. But then, people will complain about stamps costing $.50 now, too.

Well...there is one trick you can use. Its not super ethical but I did it in college a few times selling things on ebay. If you have a UPS account you can create a return shipment. Make sure you use their address on both fields (shipper and receiver). Sometimes they catch it and sometimes they do not but if they do not it is typically significantly cheaper. $75 is about right given the weight and distance, though. It may not even work these days but if youre desperate there you go.
Dont even get me started on this. ^^^ Mortgage companies and insurance agencies are the worst about it. Yes, we do catch most of them nowadays, as the system compares the tracking numbers when picked up and delivered.

Anyone have a secret to shipping TC for a decent price. UPS wants $75 to ship one back to Suncoast. That's with a small discount we get.

Just wait until January if you can, shipping anything is going to be expensive around the holidays. Its usually about 50-$60 to ship a converter through UPS and I just make the label online with no discount.

Back