Love Bug Removal

BC06PSD

Hairless Cat Aficionado
I'm not sure if any other areas have these critters, but it's love bug season here in Southeast Texas. Its inevitable to drive though a few swarms of these things daily. I've been scrubbing these thing off every day after work so they don't burn my paint let they did on my Expedition.

What do you guys use to to get these things off. I've tried about everything but everything I've used takes 3 or 4 applications before the job is done. At this point I'm ready to try anything no matter the cost.

Thanks Guys

I know a trucker that used pam on the front end of his rig to help get them off and would also use it to keep them from sticking. This is just something he I never tried it.

Brent

Thanks for all of the tips guys. I think I'll try the Mr. Clean pads. Are they the ones you use in your house or do they make ones just for trucks? Does anyone else get this lovebug infestation like we do here?

a buddy of mine in Houston swears by the Mr clean Magic eraser says it works awesome.

Give the truck a good wash job and then a good coat of a paste wax, then another coat of paste wax on the "buggy" areas. The pam trick works well too, realy works well if you are cleaning it everyday since it will attract dust. You can also use pledge furniture polish to do the same thing.

WD-40 in a pinch.......... kind'a nasty but it works. I had to drive on pavement while they were paving and sealing it, not good. I pull into the gas staion and bought a can of WD-40, sprayed EVERYTHING from the door guards down, including the wheel wells. I drove in that crap and later the next day, was able to just wash it off.

Back