View Single Post
Old 12-22-2014, 03:06 PM   #14
Shainer

Name: Shainer
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crzycowboy View Post
Interesting. Do you find yourself going to performance shops looking for specific parts? Do you research manufacturers web sites as well?

Reason I ask these questions is I've mentioned before the need to update the website to be more user friendly to find the products. I've also mentioned putting a display together that dealers could buy for their show rooms to showcase our products better. Do you like when manufacturers post product release on the forums?
I don't visit performance shops. I suspect not very many guys do if for no other reason then there are none local. I search the web via google for products. Come up with a list of vendors, then research their web sites. I would say clarity within the vendors site is a significant influencer. I find more and more manufactures are posting videos of the product. Anywhere from some go-pro to full professional productions. That can add a lot of clarity. Finally I check forums for end user's experiences with the products and sales transaction.

I do like to see product releases on the forums.

I think focusing on the website, and search engine optimization is money well spent. Forum updates are nice, but might be a challenge to support. I do allow a select few vendors to email me product updates as well

Last edited by Shainer; 12-22-2014 at 03:08 PM.