Thread: Advertising
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2014, 07:14 PM   #18
oldestof11

Name: oldestof11
Title: Drag racer
Member`s Gallery
Younger generation is good for cheap products and "swag". Those can have lucrative profit margins but you need volume. Then you have the guys dropping coin because they can afford it now they are settled in jobs. Those guys are going to support you and your business. Finally, those you sponsor (mags, vehicles, events) gives you the audience. If I'm wrong, let me know.

As such, you need to target these people differently.

Swag really sells because it shows support. Since its younger people, show them builds and your sponsored vehicles doing things. Tell them they can help be a part of this great team and buy shirts, stickers, hats. Do giveaways on little things with an occasional big item. That word of mouth spreads quickly.

For the meat and potato group with extra money to spend, running deals around Christmas and tax return time helps tremendously. I bet there can still be a profit of you do this right.

Finally your largest audience needs to see how your product makes a difference. I bet spending more money by sending products to be tested by mags would put a favorable light. I see it if a company sends in their product to be tested or installed on a vehicle in a mag build, they have a successful business as they can AFFORD to "bribe" the mags. Now the mag writes a "OMG! We got this to install and it's AWESOME!" How much better of an advertisement do you need?