Our collection

Starting at the family farm....some of the old tractors we don't get to play with too much. Most of these were grandpa's that dad bought from his siblings when Grandpa passed.

DSC03776.JPG

Al old Case that Dad and Grandpa used to farm with, and our HD16 Ag crawler. We brought it home from California....Dad was out there selling some stuff, and of course the truck was there anyway, so he can;t just let it come home empty!! Was a good old runner until it blew the headgasket. It actually out worked a newer Cat 65C track tractor with the same tool. 844 CID, no turbo, 1600RPM, and just loafs right along!

DSC03777.JPG

You can kinda see our old Allis 440 tractor, and the tail of our Gleaner A II combine.

DSC03778.JPG

One of my favorites, an Oliver 99 with the 4 cylinder engine. Later one's had a 6 cylinder, this one is just odd....and pulls good for a 4 banger:D

DSC03781.JPG

Couple more Olivers, and more in the back of the barn....

DSC03782.JPG

White American 80 in Oliver dressing....these were available in White, Green, Yellow, and Red paint...Green is rare, Red and Yellow are almost impossible to find.

DSC03783.JPG

Chris

The one Derek was talking about drooling over....Allis Chalmers 4W-305.
My Uncle sold it new at his store, and we acquired it from the 3rd or 4th owner. Can't remember, but it doesn't matter...it came to us with a valve stuck in a piston, a lobe wiped off the pump cam, 2 split injector tips, a junk final drive, a junk hydraulic pump, 1 gear missing from the tranny, and pieces of the barn that fell down on it still hanging off it. She was rough. Thanks to some hard work from our employees, and one heck of a nice paint job from a good customer and friend, she looks gorgeous today!! they took the cab, tires, axles, everything off to paint it....I think they'll get to do another one at some point.

DSC03785.JPG

Sorry for the single pic...it's in a barn with our farm equipment, and I can't get to the other side. She still works for a living working ground spring and fall, and usually gets loaned out to a customer or two or grain cart use during the fall!

chris

Couple old power units and a Farmall in one of the tiny barn....I think that's an F-12 Farmall.

DSC03790.JPG

Some old crosscut saw Dad's Grandpa would use. Whatever engine was on it would burn a quart of fuel an hour....so he would put a quart of fuel in it, start it on a big log, and go get hammered drunk with his brothers. Dad says he learned to dig it out of the dirt at a young age since his Grandpa liked to drink more than he liked to cut wood!

DSC03791.JPG

Case 530

DSC03792.JPG

AC D17 Series IV with every weight you can stack on it. Heavy for a little fella!

DSC03793.JPG

Fuzzy picture of the Cotton Picker....sorry about that. Little dark in that barn

DSC03794.JPG

Gleaner L that the customer that painted the 4W-305 bought brand new. They once had 9 of them at one time, and this was one of the few they bought new. They guaranteed it to have 15,000 hours, probably 20,000....but we've taken it to the field to help out a couple guys over the last couple years, and it hasn't missed a lick. Runs like a brand new one.

DSC03795.JPG

Couple more...

DSC03797.JPG

DSC03798.JPG

DSC03799.JPG

Can't see much of this one....Gleaner GH Hillside combine.

DSC03800.JPG

Chris

Look at that, a Green one...

DSC03801.JPG

DSC03802.JPG

DSC03803.JPG

Mounted Corn pickers...

DSC03804.JPG

DSC03805.JPG

DSC03806.JPG

DSC03807.JPG

Another Gleaner A II...this one without a cab

DSC03808.JPG

Allis Chamlers TS-160 Pan.....Supercharged:D

DSC03809.JPG

DSC03810.JPG

DSC03811.JPG

DSC03812.JPG

DSC03813.JPG

DSC03814.JPG

DSC03815.JPG

DSC03816.JPG

Chris

Allis Chalmers 190 "Beachmaster"

This one cleaned the beaches in Michigan City, Indiana at one time. It went along an the "Beach Sanitizer" attachment picked up bucket fulls of sand, and dropped them on a mesh belt. The sand fell through, and the trash, rocks, a other garbage traveled on up and fell in the bucket on the back.

DSC03818.JPG

DSC03820.JPG

There are quite a few of the Beachmaster tractors running around, but we found out at the recent Plain City show that there are only 2 or 3 known Sanitizer units. We didn't know they were that rare.

Chris

Back at home now in the barn....bonus points for anyone that can spot Dad's Porsche....bet you wouldn't have guessed we had something as exotic as a Porsche...

DSC03835.JPG

DSC03836.JPG

DSC03837.JPG

DSC03838.JPG

DSC03839.JPG

DSC03840.JPG

DSC03841.JPG

Dad also collects Cast Iron seats in case you didn't see them hanging from the rafters....

I think that's about all until we move some out of the barns....which we will be cleaning out the big barn at home in early September for our customer appreciation party.
Chris

If I'm not hogging all the bandwidth, I'll keep going....

DSC03821.JPG

Finally done at the farm....

Chris

Thank you for taking the time to share. I enjoy looking at old equipment. My favorite is equipment from the 60's and newer. That seems like when every one started farming on a larger scale. I personally miss the days of seeing 4840's and 8 row equipment.

I didn't expect to see a green header under the shed. I expected a red or silver one lol. I also see an 1130. My grandfather farmed with one of those, 2 Ford 8000's, a Massey combine, and a Ben Pearson 2 row picker. He retired from row crops in the late 70's.
Randy

Last edited:
Thank you for taking the time to share. I enjoy looking at old equipment. My favorite is equipment from the 60's and newer. That seems like when every one started farming on a larger scale. I personally miss the days of seeing 4840's and 8 row equipment.

I didn't expect to see a green header under the shed. I expected a red or silver one lol. I also see an 1130. My grandfather farmed with one of those, 2 Ford 8000's, a Massey combine, and a Ben Pearson 2 row picker. He retired from row crops in the late 70's.
Randy

Not ours, and a long story. I can't comment on why its in there...

Personally, I like the mid 60's - mid 70's stuff. Got bigger, more diesels, and fun to go play with and use on the farm. The old 1130 is a nice one too...Dad got lucky on that one!

Chris

Last edited:
That is an amazing collection! I love the old tractors. I come from a green home but love all colors. I keep trying to talk my wife into believing we need an antique tractor in our garage.

Damn, you all sure have a lot of machinery on that farm. How much for a tour? I am coming your way in October to do some hunting. LOL Amazing collection!!

Damn, you all sure have a lot of machinery on that farm. How much for a tour? I am coming your way in October to do some hunting. LOL Amazing collection!!

Just PM me before you come this way, and I'll shoot you my cell #. Tours are free as long as I'm not flat busy with business....in that case, you're welcome to wonder around.

Chris

Love it! That thing just looks unbelievable. The exposed drive teeth inside the rims do not even look worn.

Oh, and part of that reason is you can't see the oil puddles that thing leaves in the grass....all lubrication is done by just running oil out over anything that moves, and most things that don't.

The drive teeth actually have needle bearing rollers (i think, been a while), that run oil all over the place and try to cut down on the wear. On top of that, we can't figure out why this one looks so good....the guy must have loved his horses more than the tractor.

Chris

Wow. You have unbelievable collection.

Allis Chamlers TS-160 Pan.....Supercharged

What is that? Or what you can do with it?

Wow. You have unbelievable collection.

Allis Chamlers TS-160 Pan.....Supercharged

What is that? Or what you can do with it?

Move dirt....its a scraper that scoops up dirt and moves it wherever you'd like it to go. Pretty basic explanation anyway

Since you may not have those over there, I'll try to dig up a video online for you.
Try this.....[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doBD6E7M5s4&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doBD6E7M5s4&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Chris

Last edited:
I was half joking about a tour but if time allows that would be an amazing sight to see. But only if you will be the tour guide. LOL The history and stories are half the interest to me. Thank you for the offer.

As for the bonus question, is that what's sitting next to the dootz?

Bunch of nice stuff you got there. Some things that caught my eye, having both a 1750 and 1755 Cockshutt wheatland, kind of strange seeing a 4-115 without a reverser. I got all wound up there thinking you had a 1750 PFA, then from another pic realized it was a 1800B gas. Still not common though.

Lots of interesting stuff there. I have to agree, everything is too unique to stuff a B into. While I'd like to end up with that engine you have, you would have alot of fun stuffing it into a 1650 with a narrow front. Makes for a stupidly handy tractor to have around the dealership and quite a conversation piece. Mine was used for that for a very short time until I got carried away with making it go fast. Planning on detuning it this winter if I can make time to build a new tractor.

Back