View Single Post
Old 05-29-2021, 07:15 AM   #1
9 LIVES

Name: 9 LIVES
Title: Demolition Expert
Member`s Gallery
Fair price for paint?

I've got a 2001 3500 regular cab flatbed that I just bought from Tennessee....the truck overall is in good condition but the paint is

The paint feels like 80 grit sandpaper...not sure how that happens but the truck needs a paint job!

What is a fair price to pay to have the cab sanded and painted with a quality paint?

Last year I had a regular cab for ranger painted black for my company....for 6-7 years it had the company decals all over the truck and when I brought it to the shop to get painted I had removed the decals. Once they sanded/painted the truck....you could still see the outline of the decals! NOT HAPPY. fortunately for this truck I was planning on having new vinyl decals which hid mostly the old decal outline. So this shop didn't do a bang up job on sanding or painting. You can scratch the paint with your finger nail and leave a permanent mark. I had paid for their upper end paint job which was $1,200

I don't want a ferrari paint job as it's just a work truck, but I do want to have a paint job that is durable.

What have you all paid for to have your truck painted?

Would a body shop frown upon me doing some of the prep with sanding to save money? I can sand...I can't paint

Heads I win, tails you lose....
-Lee-