Truckers, lets see your rigs!

a4e0cf55f3fe42f769d27699066f79b0.jpg

af4266ff4499a2d2616f75cdf6fbeec6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looks great! Tell us the specs on it if you will.
Also, can it get more than 4 mpg? LOL

Looks great! Tell us the specs on it if you will.

Also, can it get more than 4 mpg? LOL

Cmodel Cat
15 speed

Haven’t checked the mileage. This isn’t my every day truck. This is the bosses, I’m just running it when I can’t run the t6.
This thing actually runs acceptable though, that’s kinda nice.

The T6 doesn’t run bad for what it is either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
No because of the weather this weekend he is not going to come get it till first of next week.

What state is he in? Asking because here it can take months to get an appointment, the inspection is almost the same as an out of state inspection for a car but they make a big deal about a truck. Takes like 5min but only a few places do them and only by appointment.

Last edited:
What state is he in? Asking because here it can take months to get an appointment, the inspection is almost the same as an out of state inspection for a car but they make a big deal about a truck. Takes like 5min but only a few places do them and only by appointment.

He lives on the east side of Columbus Ohio. Says the inspector lives like a half mile from his house so getting him to do it is no problem. So i don't know if that is true or not.

Pulling a Ism and putting in a 5ek. Got a 70 pin dash harness, will the cab be wired to just plug and play or will it have to be re pined? Truck is a 06.

Attachments

• IMG_20190119_171943767.jpg
    IMG_20190119_171943767.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 0
Yes it is for a 379. Got the the 70 to 40 and then the glider link to run the gauges.

Then yes it should work.

I hate those glider link’s. Going to be a nightmare in a few years when they start to fail and no one makes them anymore. Almost cheaper to convert the engine to 70pin. Never seen one running that link that didn’t have some issue, mainly with the fan.

Then yes it should work.

I hate those glider link’s. Going to be a nightmare in a few years when they start to fail and no one makes them anymore. Almost cheaper to convert the engine to 70pin. Never seen one running that link that didn’t have some issue, mainly with the fan.

I used one last summer on a truck I took a mxs out and put a 5ek in. Other than the switch is backward he hasn't had any issues yet, but the 70 to 40 adapter had a fan override break out built in to it.

I used one last summer on a truck I took a mxs out and put a 5ek in. Other than the switch is backward he hasn't had any issues yet, but the 70 to 40 adapter had a fan override break out built in to it.

Just had one here guy pulled an SDP out and put a 5EK in, said he regrets his decision. Did it because he broke a rocker and shot the roller through the side of the head. Trying to understand trucker math makes my head hurt. The harness for the conversion cost almost the same as the head would have.

Back