Couple truck issues

99GreenCummins

That guy....
OK,

We have a few Chevy 1 tons that we have deleted for our delivery trucks. They are having a couple of issues and I am wondering if they can be tuning related or having other issues.

First truck:
Will not draw from 2nd fuel tank. Been to dealer thinking it was a simple switch but they have no idea and say that it has to do with the tuning in the truck. Is that possible that option was never reactivated in the new tune?

2nd truck:
Not drawing for 2nd tank just like first truck, also been to the dealer. Another issue they are saying is that truck will rev up to 1100 rpm when put into gear but truck will not move. Driver said he can put truck back in park and then shift again and it will be fine. They said truck doesn't flash any lights on dash and has plenty of power when it moves(not like its in limp mode).

I know its all kinda vague but I am getting the first truck today to get a better idea of what is going on, and then getting the 2nd truck next week when I hopefully get the 1st truck fixed.

Thanks guys

yes, base tune needs to be for dual tank or it will not work. Put in the stock tune which should of be supplied and test.

Not sure on the tranny, replace internal filter and cut open and look for debris. if debris, the most likely a clutch issue, if nothing then most likely electrical or low fluid, etc.

yes, base tune needs to be for dual tank or it will not work. Put in the stock tune which should of be supplied and test.

Not sure on the tranny, replace internal filter and cut open and look for debris. if debris, the most likely a clutch issue, if nothing then most likely electrical or low fluid, etc.

Well fawk. Guess they will be rewriting a tune for us. I wanna know how the previous guys here found this company.

Ok,

I got a good one for you all. Got the 2nd truck in today from our other store. Truck had no throttle response and had a check engine light. Got the tune ready to be put in truck and downloaded it to the truck. The check engine light did disappear after putting the new tune in the truck. We then pulled codes(I know, should have pulled them before we added the new tune). The codes were ecm U0101, and the other code was p0676. I did some other research and found that the U0101 code has to deal with no communication with the TCM. Truck is still very slow to gain rpms and it bangs into gear when going into reverse or any other gears.

Does anyone have suggestions of what could be the cause? Is TCM going out of truck?

"U" codes are usually ground issues but can be wiring. You have a tcm code and a tranny code, I'd look towards the tcm wiring.

Back