Goofy GM Tricks

rttoys

I always wanted to be the first at somethng, so I'll start this thread.:aiwebs_005:

What are some good 'ol diag. tricks or things you should know about you GM vehicle?? You know, simple stuff. like; To reset the 'change oil light' turn on the ignition and pump the gas 3 times. Here is one of my favorites from the past;
Older Cavaliers- '94 to '99 (I think) to run a diag check on the BCM do as follows; in 15 seconds, turn on the ignition, enguage the park brake, open the pass door, cycle the headlights 3 times. If done correctly and the BCM is passes all internal tests the dome light will flash at you.:aiwebs_011:

Don't we all feel like we learned somethng new today.:aiwebs_030:

Reseting the oil thing is about the same is seeting the high idle. I tell you im glad I got the steeringwheel controls. no pumping pedal 3 times for me.

To program a new Key fob this is how you do it:

Insert key into ignition, turn to on position but don't start.
With key on press and hold the unlock switch on door untill the door locks cycle on and off.
Then press and hold both the lock and unlock buttons on the key fob you wish to program untill the door locks cycle on and off again indicating it has been programmed. Turn the key to the off position and check operation of key fob.

This one was always my favorite because the dealers charge like $60 bucks to do this when you can get key fobs for like $10 off e-bay........enjoy!

Cheers,
Wade

Engine hourmeter

for the 01-02 trucks with no DIC, turn key to on(don't start it) & hold trip odometer for a few seconds.

Turning off DRL's or over rideing the automatic lights on '00 to '02 trucks; push the dome light overide switch 3 times.

How about the AUTO AIR. If you would like to balance the AC just press and hold the auto button.

How about the neutral switch for the transfer case? ....and what NOT to do while trying to re-engage the system.

annoying clunk in two piece drive shaft truck? regrease the slip yoke in the middle with good synthetic grease. pissed me off for months....

Want to know

99 1/2 2000 gmc. If I want to clean the interior and leave the doors hang open and listen to the radio all at the same time...... How can I get the door ajar alarm to shut the f up?

Snedge said:
99 1/2 2000 gmc. If I want to clean the interior and leave the doors hang open and listen to the radio all at the same time...... How can I get the door ajar alarm to shut the f up?

I'm pretty sure the "chime" can be unpluged. Look under the dash toward the bottom left..... It's been a while.:doh:

how do you disable the autolock..don't know what year right off..I will find out tommorow..but he said the dealer told him it was impossible to disable them..I told him thats hard to believe..

Back