Got some SPI products today...

DCSpecial

Mr. Sinister
Just recieved some of SPI's Black (blacker than the blackest paint out there) to do some parts for my truck (got their epoxy primer as well).
And, I got some of their clear for the black parts and since I'm repainting my hood and front bumper True Blue I'm going to use the SPI clear on there too.

Andy's a great guy to deal with, and offers great customer service (they answer the phones 7 days a week :D ).

I'll be sure to post up more info and pics once this part of the never ending project that is my truck is complete :rockwoot:

Thanks again Andy :thankyou2:
:Cheer:

Here's their black base and universal clear on a mustang:

blackstang4.JPG

yearone.jpg

Glad I could help and I can't wait to see the final result!

Like my sig says I still have a few opportunities to sponsor some diesels for the 07 season.....

BTW- My dad painted that car at Y1 with 100% of our products (Black Epoxy, Black Turbo Primer, Black Base and Universal Clear) from the bare metal to the clear and that car has won honors from SEMA to The Good Guys Car Show.:rockwoot: Hot Rod 4/06 was nice enough to give us props on this car and Bud, the producer of TLC Rides and Overhaulin', owns it.

FWIW- Many people think black is black but the truth is there are about 1200 black formulas/variations out there. Our black is as black gets (like HOK's black is black) because the pigment is milled (ground) 12 different times over the course of one FULL day which yields a True Black as we like to say.

Many black bases/single stages look slightly brown outside...spray ours right (easy to do) and it's BLACK BLACK!

I/we will help anyone any we can via phone tech support 7 days per week
because that attitude is primarily what has made us over the last 10 years plus diesels are my second passion so I'm here to help the competitors succeed.:rockwoot:

Last edited:
Andy, your stuff is the shizznizzle. It looks awesome on my motors, and so far, it likes the heat on the exhaust risers.

Dalpilot said:
Andy, your stuff is the shizznizzle. It looks awesome on my motors, and so far, it likes the heat on the exhaust risers.

I won't believe you until you send me a photo of hottie in a bikini out on the lake this summer admiring the paint job !LOL

Glad you like it!

Last edited:
Dan...I don't think that Andy's products will work very well when you apply them with a mop......:hehe:

you can sponsor the tinting my tail lights if you want :hehe: sounds like an awesome project eh? at LEAST as good as the mustang :bang

oh GOOD, just what i need - darker than yours were the first time.... :doh:
heck, i might have to go get em back from my friend and send em to ya.... you saw what happened last time you said something like that :bang :kick: :badidea:

_CH_ said:
oh GOOD, just what i need - darker than yours were the first time.... :doh:
heck, i might have to go get em back from my friend and send em to ya.... you saw what happened last time you said something like that :bang :kick: :badidea:

Yeah.....I had some parts shipped to me LOL

:bang

:hehe:

Brad,

I'm sure the black could be mixed with enough clear to *lightly* tint the tail lights.

Or...I still have my model tint in a can that we used on mine... :D

DCSpecial said:
Yeah.....I had some parts shipped to me LOL

:bang

:hehe:

if i send you the tails can i get them on the same drying rack as last time? puuuurty please :rules:

Yeah, I still couldn't believe that stupid thing wasn't dry after a couple of days. At least it was almost dry LOL

Back