Primary s475 to s480?

Lighten

GA Diesel Mafia
What would I gain or lose from putting a 80 or 83 compressor wheel in my 475? Looking for more top end. Thanks

You will gain airflow/top end power with a bigger compressor wheel on that size hot side. If you go bigger than 80mm, you'll have to get a different compressor cover for more flow and more meat in the throat to accept the larger diameter compressor wheel.

No external gate. The gate on the 351 works pretty good after i ported it out and adjusted the spring gate 9000 times to get it about were it runs the best, about 38 from primary and 70 overall. Who makes the best billet wheel 80 or are they worth the $. Thanks

Don't forget that the charger itself and the cover will need to be machined to accept the larger wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yea. Iam probably just gonna up it to a 80, if I get a cover any bigger I feel like it might hit the frame.

No external gate. The gate on the 351 works pretty good after i ported it out and adjusted the spring gate 9000 times to get it about were it runs the best, about 38 from primary and 70 overall. Who makes the best billet wheel 80 or are they worth the $. Thanks

Yea. Iam probably just gonna up it to a 80, if I get a cover any bigger I feel like it might hit the frame.

I have an 80mm with a ETR HO wheel from FI. It was definitely a performance increase over the stock cast wheel. But it's not a drop-in. FI will need to machine your cover to match.

There's enough "meat" LOL in the covers to grind/polish for a little more frame clearance. The polished cover on my s491 has 1/4" more clearance than a standard 80mm race cover. I'm not sure about the newer SXE covers though.

Back