Help Wanted

Snedge, VE, and I will empty the yellow bellies and someone else can weld them. You can't weld full cans.
I feel like there is massive potential for technological advancement here, welding full cans together.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I feel like there is massive potential for technological advancement here, welding full cans together.

Currently....I have about 180 of them. Got a shipment last night before D4D5. :rockwoot:

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0961.jpg
    IMG_0961.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 0
Those are not Coors. Don't let anybody tell you different. I actually bought a case of Hamms last night.

They sure as hell are Coors. They are better that yellow cans too. Gold > Yellow.

I'll give you a few tonight...o, wait....LOL

Just as long as we don't start posting pictures when we have a good poop I guess we'll be alright.....

Ok, as I read back through the couple pages, I have no candidates yet.

Looks like I need to lower my standards just a smidge. Alright then, If you can weld any 'Pop/Beer' can together end to end, I will accept your submission. If Coors Light is not the can of choice, please prep and paint all areas within 1/4" of the weld.

Additionally on a serious note, if you can tig steel, you can tig aluminum. I need the youth for the sight and the stediness. Go ahead and send me a couple soup cans tig'd together if all you are comfy with is steel.

I will work with this.

Maybe you should talk pay , because anyone that can tig weld pop cans together is good and could make 60-100k a year welding . When searching for employees bottom line is pay. Your best bet is to call Hobart welding school and tell them your looking for someone .

Tulsa Welding School. They have a good "Military" TIG program there. Carbon, stainless, aluminum... DC and high frequency AC. I graduated from there 16 years ago, and when I finished, there wasn't any alloy in any process I couldn't weld.
Would be a good place to search for fresh, skilled help.

And on the subject of pay, you will be much better off with a good hand fresh out of school. Any welder with those skills that has been in the field for a while, probably won't give you any consideration for anything under $100k a year.

I believe Bodacious was talking about supplementing an experienced welders income, rather than hiring someone fulltime just out of welding school.

Those are not Coors. Don't let anybody tell you different. I actually bought a case of Hamms last night.

Man, you just brought back memories from my childhood when my Dad would give me a sip of beer that tasted like the aluminum can. :hehe:

I have to admit I like Schlitz nowadays. They brought back the older recipe.

May as well turn this into a beer tasting thread. That is the CompD way.

I don't mind that at all. I love beer.

I guess just so long as I get someone hired, don't really matter how it gets done. lol

I will start winning candidate out at $18.75/hr contract pay. This roughly equates to $15/hr cash. This is a trial period pay.

I have enough money to pay a decent salary for one qualified welder. Whether I have work for you or not, I will guarantee the years pay.

You will be expected to pick up your own work. You are welcome to use the shop for your work for a fee.

Of course, the more money we make, the longer the candidate will be able to work.

I'm looking for someone who is passionate about their work. If all you want is a paycheck, this isn't the job for you.

It would be your business. You set your own hours and work schedule. Just so long as the work is done, I don't care.

I have to admit I like Schlitz nowadays. They brought back the older recipe.

I have not seen Schlitz in a long time. I used to drink that Malt Liquor back in high school. I'd buy a pint and get really drunk. I couldn't tell you what it tasted like. LOL

Coors Extra Gold is a darker lager than the yellow bellies. I'm not saying it's bad, but it's not Coors Banquet.

Back