Condensation issue

DISTURBED

YEA WE RIDE THE SHORT BUS
So with the extreme swing in temps this week (9*-70*) my concrete floor resembles a swimming pool. Water over the entire surface. I don't have my boiler hooked up for the heated floor yet so does anyone have any tricks to stop the floor from sweeting? Along with everything in the building.

Exhaust fan. Your cement has the moisture in it. Is it sealed from the ground underneath? You have jnfloor so I'm assuming you have insulation underneath?

It's got moisture in it. No way around it. Infloor heat usually keep the moisture content down but if anything an exhaust fan to suck out moist air better than nothing.

Mine is the same way! Sucks to spend the money and have to worry about what sits on the floors. I need a exhaust fan bad!! anything in the shop for more then a week and it's covered in dust,dirt & soot.

Put in a small electric heater. They are fantastic about dehumidifying things. Also they will help with moderate the temperature swings. Which is probably what is causing the issue anyway(large thermal mass, that is extremely cold, gets harm humid air against it)

We run de humidifiers in our shops. Especially needed in a bay that is used for a wash bay.

I have found that it's all in how it's finished
A super smooth burned finish tends to sweat a lot
Looks nice but has its drawbacks

Put in a small electric heater. They are fantastic about dehumidifying things. Also they will help with moderate the temperature swings. Which is probably what is causing the issue anyway(large thermal mass, that is extremely cold, gets harm humid air against it)

Boom !

He used a fancier description than I would have. But that's the trick.
Nice dry electric heat. Sucks to pay for the electric, but soggy garage floors are nasty.

Same problem here, unfortunately it's not just my floor but just about everything metal in my shop. Everything soaks up the cold, then when a warm moist airmass moves in the water in the air condenses on the cold items. This is no different then a cold beer sweating on a hot humid day.

I'll give try the electric heater a try I guess, thanks!

What I did in my shop which is insulated, was buy a Quartz heater( no electronics on it) bought an electric baseboard heater thermostat. Turn the quartz heater all the way up, then control on and off with the thermostat. Issue I was having was heater would warm the area around itself up and shut off. Baseboard thermostat is away from the heater so more consistent heat.

I can't see me heating a 55x60 shop with baseboard heat.

Depends on how hot you want it LOL. I said to use a baseboard heater thermostat, not basebboard heat and this was to address the condensation issue.

I keep a 32x36 shop above 40F with 2250W of heat.

A plastic vapor barrier and under the concrete tends to eliminate the sweating. Too late now obviously but we spend $100 on plastic on our shops and sweating isn't an issue.

A plastic vapor barrier and under the concrete tends to eliminate the sweating. Too late now obviously but we spend $100 on plastic on our shops and sweating isn't an issue.

He said it was separated from the ground which is what I was asking. Proper rigid insulation will provide the same as poly would as long as the joint were tight.

He said it was separated from the ground which is what I was asking. Proper rigid insulation will provide the same as poly would as long as the joint were tight.

My floor has 2" Ridgid foam under the tubing and plastic film over the tubing

Back