How about Larson this weekend??

Their post above alludes to it being a D&J deckplate (I would assume dry block but just a guess). The same post also says its a Rossler (T400 assumed).

You need to wipe off those readers RD ;)

Though, we're all up for more details....
Details Wes.

It is a D&J deckplate engine. Cast block, no water, not filled. The transmission is a Rossler Turbo 400 with 13" Neal Chance lockup converter.

Lavon
Just curious, any particular reason for not using one of your transmissions? I mean they seam ro be working good in your other trucks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Just curious, any particular reason for not using one of your transmissions? I mean they seam ro be working good in your other trucks.

There are a few reasons the Rossler TH400 is a better platform for this truck.
There is a SFI case option that keeps up from needing to run a Transmission tunnel or trans blanket which simplifies the interior.
Since we decided on a single turbo and nitrous for weight savings, having internal and external dump valves to allow quick easy spool and staging is a necessity.
The Neal Chance Converter setup with a TH400 offers a captive clutch converter circuit that is better and more reliable then a Torqueflite setup.
A 2wd needs a good powerful trans brake.

These are all things that we are working towards on the 47re/48re platform, but its just not there yet. We have a working trans brake and dump valve in our Pro Street truck and have been working with CRT's billet valve body to get everything working correctly, but the TH400 has had a lot more aftermarket support poured into it in the gas world then the Torqueflite has. My goal is to get the 47/48re platform where it can offer all these features, but there is still a lot of R&D to be done before it can compete with what the Rossler offers.

We had a converter clutch that was not bonded correctly delaminate and cause a contamination problem at TS, but since then, we have not touched the trans or converter, and have over 40 passes on it since TS. It has been great to us. Someday hopefully we can see that out of a 48re, but today, it does not compete on the same level.

Lavon

Last edited:
Wow, most of that is well over my head! But a very thorough, and informative reply. Thanks, seems like most anymore won't share any knowledge very freely.

Back