Got it out of storage

Man time flies!

I spent last couple night cutting and welding on the bed sides. I got then welded back together as I wanted and I wanted to see how they would look so I built a 2x4 framing to hold them up. Now I can take all my measurements for the metal framing for them and get them mounted. I cut 11" out of behind the tire and added 21" in the length in front of the wheel. Just cause I thought it will look better in on the finished product.

Last edited:
Nice progress... Looks like a fun project, I think you will enjoy a little wheel standing action when ya get her all done. :rockwoot:

Lynn

Very nice project! It'll be sweet for sure. Someone asked if the F106 will be ok in a 2wd puller. I have a friend who has one in his 1st gen dodge 2wd 12v puller and he never broke it. But I think he was only at around 500-550hp. He thinks he was 980hp but he only had a 62mm S300. I'd like to think it would be fine but I'd bet Dale would know for sure. Nice build Jeremy.

the guy we got the rearend for ours said we would blow the 106that is why we went with the SQHD with plaiteries.There is a SQHD with planiteries for sale on pulloff for 1600.00 with extra parts that is a 1000.00 cheaper than ours was.his has SCS parts in it.

Dale

I don't know if the 106 will hold or not. I am not going to run duals at first. I just wan to get it down the track. Once it does that maybe I will try to go dual next year. I have also told all my friend that the truck needs to "earn" a paint job and better body work. Until it does something I can be proud of the truck will not be pretty!

Im not sure if I am the first to see this but I personally don't think thats an F106. I have seen ALOT of F106's and I have never seen one that the back of housing unbolts (all I have seen the back is welding to the rest of the housing) and also, its hard to see, but every 106 I have seen has had the squre 4" square or 3.5"x4" tubes square right out to the spindles...Never round tubes other than some of Rockwell steer axles. Just curious if it is a rockwell (should have a logo on the cast center section somewhere) I could be wrong but I am wondering if its not an International axle or something similar.

Like I said, I could be totally wrong about all this but I just don't want to see you spend money on some expensive parts, only to get them and they arn't right!

Here are some pics of one of our F106's we tore down for out Mod truck, we only used the spindles and the pig and scrapped the rest.

DSCN2215.jpg

DSCN2217.jpg

DSCN2218.jpg

Back