Old 08-02-2013, 05:27 PM   #1
EFI Support

Name: EFI Support
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
EFILive LML Tuning is here!

Hi All,

As you may have heard through the grapevine (
) on the internet, EFILive has indeed been working hard on the LML ECM to finally be able to offer you all a full tuning package just like the previous generation Duramax's. This is what everyone has been waiting for, a familir tuning / scanning package for the LML.

So before the internet rumours start, here is a quick run down on what is coming and at the end an FAQ of sorts on how this will work, because the process is not quite the same as before.

Those familiar with LMM tuning will feel right at home with the LML. It's not radically different to the LMM, the overall concepts are similar, the difference is you now have far greater controls due to the fact there is so many tables! What may have been 3 or 4 tables on the LMM for a function, the LML will have 12 of the same thing, the engineers at Bosch really went to town on this ECM.

Here's some tables to look over.

Click the image to open in full size.

Desired Boost:

Timing:

Rail Pressure:

As of right now we have all known OS's mapped up to and including 2014 models. We are currently putting in the map descriptions, and finalising the folder layouts for the maps.

Some other great news, the scantool got a major overhaul too with over 120 new PID's added, specifically for the LML and also the new Cruze Diesel E47 ECM. These new PID's give you vital feedback on everything in the emissions systems, great for making sure your tuning isn't going to block the DPF!

With LML ECM support also brings back to the table the A50 TCM, support for this will follow soon after the ECM is 100% ready for public release.

Keep an eye open for this update to go in to public release soon.

Here's the FAQ.....

Q - How do I get my stock tune?

A - We are working on a solution to this. It is not possible to read the LML ECM via the OBDII port, GM/Bosch have blocked the reading of the calibrations, no ifs, not buts, it's blocked. What will probably end up happening is people who have invested in the Alientech JTAG hardware might be able to supply you with stock tunes for a fee (this involves pulling the ECM apart to read it). We are also looking at building up a library of stock tunes to offer via tunefiledepot

Q - But I run a deleted tune from another tuner and I don't want to loose it.

A - Can't help you out then sorry, we cannot read what is already in the ECM.

Q - DPF, DEF, finally I can remove it all?

A - Not with EFILive, well, not if you live in the USA. All tuning parameters related to DPF, DEF etc will be restricted from modification for USA customers right off the bat, no exceptions.

Q - Well that sucks, no delete tunes!

A - Times have changed and many tuners understand that you have to play by the rules these days. Already LML's are over 500 Hp with full emissions systems in place, this will only get better as tuning is enhanced.

Q - DSP5 for the LML?

A - Probably never going to happen. With the LML ECM Bosch really cranked up the security levels, the ECM's OS (where DSP5 mods would need to be made) cannot be altered by anyone outside of Bosch. They have some really complex security on the OS code that cannot be bypassed. However, Bosch kind of have a DSP5 mode built in, more on that later......

Download EFILive software (for free)

2006-2016 DODGE CUMMINS
2001-2016 DURAMAX 6.6L
2014-2016 DURAMAX 2.8L

Custom Tuning Software NOW AVAILABLE

Last edited by EFI Support; 08-02-2013 at 05:29 PM.