View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 09:56 PM   #74
Blacksdieselhp

Name: Blacksdieselhp
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOLVR View Post
Mine has broken the flex, input, stator, and cracked a case. The sonax input has held fine. I talked to the guys from fl about it and they were all about building a trans that could hold it until it came time to do it. Maybe I'll talk to dave instead.

Ashley- how often do you have to refresh your trans in the 800-1000hp street/race trucks?
Ive actually never freshened up the one in my 4wd race truck. Its kindof a holy grail tranny, lol. Its been raced for 5 years and about 500 passes. Now its a monster truck with 56" tires with the same tranny. 1100hp. The only truck I have ever had that I have tranny problem with is the current race truck, just small problems here and there. But at that power level, its amazing they live at all.

As far as customer trannies, since 2007, ive only had 4 come back for warranty. And they were all in 500hp or less trucks with minor problems. Id like to think the rest are still going strong, but who knows. They may have been sold and taken to various other shops for repair if they did tear up. But toy knowledge, only 4 have been freshened up.

Crate Engines, Transmissions, Turbos, Tuning, Fueling, Exhaust, Etc
Direct Dealer for Borg Warner Turbos