EFILive Cummins Update

Why would a late model (6.7) be out before the one that clearly has much more potential customers (03-05)? Seems like a backwards way to go about it.

guess the 6.7 guys are getting the pitty due to all the money they gotta spend just to take carp off the motor so it will run right, then start adding parts for power......

I understand the 6.7 ECM also has an independent injector curcuit. Meaning, each injector has it own dedicated pin on the ECM.

I bet that makes it a little more tuner friendly?

Last edited:
I understand the 6.7 ECM also has an independent injector curcuit. Meaning, each injector has it own dedicated pin on the ECM.

I bet that makes it a little more tuner friendly?

All I know about 6.7's is my Dad had his for less than 6 months and took a 9k hit on trade. Between the 2 trannys and constant check engine lights he was over it. Sad part is he bought a 6.4 powerjoke and had 0 issues in the time he had it.

So what would be needed to convert a engine over to CAN besides the obvious:

ECM, harness, and fuel pedal.

Anyone know. I do not see the injectors or anything else like that being an issue. And I am not talking about the entire truck as this engine is in a Ford.

All I know about 6.7's is my Dad had his for less than 6 months and took a 9k hit on trade. Between the 2 trannys and constant check engine lights he was over it. Sad part is he bought a 6.4 powerjoke and had 0 issues in the time he had it.

So what would be needed to convert a engine over to CAN besides the obvious:

ECM, harness, and fuel pedal.

Anyone know. I do not see the injectors or anything else like that being an issue. And I am not talking about the entire truck as this engine is in a Ford.

I don't think that much effort would be worth the extra month or two of waiting for the SCI friendly EFI to be released....

PS... it's not expensive to EPA-delete a 6.7, you guys all pretty much have an aftermarket exhaust and a tuner right? Then you've spent the same money...

Does anyone have a Beta version for the Cummins yet? Local shop here says they are testing it

Last edited:
Does anyone have a Beta version for the Cummins yet? Local shop here says they are testing it

If your local shops says that they are testing it, well maybe they are apart of our beta team and waiting for our release. Not even I have a beta version yet.

Cheers
Cindy

just tossing out a thought.... anyone ever figure out wher ehte tuners from Van Aaken ended up? five years ago they were doing some prtty slick stuff via laptop on the cummins motor, I met them down at a test and tune in NJ with a couple trucks lucky enough to have the units that could be tuned. Let me tell ya, they sure could do a lot with a laptop in short order, seemed like they knew their way around a cummins ecu. my bet is they would be a valuable asset to anyone doing that kind of tuning.

I know Kai had one but not sure if he ever had workable software. I know some bugs were never worked out on it. But they were a programmable fooler not a true ECM flash device.

07-09 6.7L Support along with the 5.9L transmission tables are currently going through the release candidate phase of testing.

We hope to finalise the install and release within the next couple of days.

Cheers
Cindy

Sweet

The best thing I have ever done to my truck.hands down....:snoop:

Back