Thread: Shop Truck
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 09:40 PM   #30
Bodacious

Name: Bodacious
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Hey thanks 12vchevydually. It is nice to get some support from time to time.

...and thanks, but, please leave my haglers alone. lol

Seriously, it's guys like these that make me step up my game or at least remind me maybe I'm getting to old for the important stuff.

I have a CWI obtained from Tulsa welding school in 2000. I have tested more pipeline welders than I care to talk about (Only busted one and he admitted to being a 7018 hand). I rewrote the entire EQT welding procedure when we were gigged for not having a "hot tap" procedure. Just ask the president of 798 (2002) if he knows me. He was nice enough to pay a visit to my pipeline job after I flagged 38 welds for cut-out. I no longer have any respect for 798. I trained Equitable's welding inspectors. I was welding floor boards and shock towers in Chevettes with Acetylene and coat hangers when I was 12 years old. I know a thing or two about welding is all I'm saying. lol

Yea the welds look like crap and I should get some criticism for them. For what they are doing, I could wafer wheel the entire weld off and enough metal would remain to still do the job. A fillet exist where the two plates join.