View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 08:30 PM   #1385
NakeDiesel

Name: NakeDiesel
Title: Smoke'n in the Mud
Member`s Gallery
Been busting hump getting the last quarter mile of fence done since it's been decent outside over the weekend and today. Finished it this afternoon, finally after 9 years, I have all of the outside fence replaced with good posts and wire. 2 miles barbwire fence replaced. Still need to pull about a mile of old fence out, but will do that when I have time.

Last night I dug out my CF rack and setup the mold and work table to begin the process of making a mold. Tonight I started the waxing steps, wax it, rub it off, let stand an hour. Got 3 coats on tonight, need to do 1 more tomorrow, then start the layers of pva.

While waiting on off gassing time, pulled the freeze plugs, brakets, etc... off the enginge and then pulled it out and took some measurements on where to relocate the engine. Think it's going to be right at 18" back. Waiting on responses from 2 orgs on how they measure on the balancer, center of balancer or front face... from the center or some other point.

Cut out cf, foam and peel ply
Click the image to open in full size.

3 coats of wax

Measuring height of deck front and back so I can place it back at the same height in it's new location.

Marks on the from of where it's going to be

Engine is out, now to cut off the motor mounts

Thanks to my sponsors: CP-Carrillo, Air Dog, Muldoons Diesel Performance, Power Driven Diesel, Diesel Performance Converters