View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 04:29 PM   #4
9 LIVES

Name: 9 LIVES
Title: Demolition Expert
Member`s Gallery
I ran about 30-40K miles with a un-calculated mix of WMO & WVO mix with diesel through my old 01 7.3. Never pulled the engine apart and I know when I sold the motor to the next owner, he had put a lot of miles on it as well. I sold it with 244K miles on it and last time we talked he had put 50K miles on it. Never had an injector failure or fuel related issues.

I had a old home heating oil tank that was up on a metal frame that I would put all my old motor oil in. After it had settled for a few weeks I would open a ball valve on the bottom to let any water drain off. Then opened another ball valve to let the oil trickle through a large sock filter that then flowed into a 55 gallon drum. From the drum I had a transfer pump with nozzle to pump directly into the truck.

I got tired of the mess and the long process and quit doing this. This was around the time when hurricane Katrina hit the east coast and diesel was $4.50+ per gallon for a year or more. Now with diesel at $2.35 I don't bother with that mess.

Heads I win, tails you lose....
-Lee-