The Never Ending Story of My Bad Luck

6.boom

Unreliable
Well ladies and gentleman! Guess what?! They got the truck back together after and start it for the first time.

#5 tappet failure. :bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

The good news is. We aren't paying for it and now they are considering absorbing the bill for the labor on the cylinder head too.

TO BE CONTINUED.......

Stay after them, make them do what's right and cover the bill. Then put that damn thing for sale ASAP. Good luck to ya.

I know of a 12v motor sitting in a shed under a tarp. Interested yet? :lolly::stab:

That's no good though. Hope it gets better from here!

It never ends. This truck is such a lemon. It's not even like i'm hard on it. Its a pavement princess daily driver. Excuse me while I go cry myself to sleep

This very well may be a blessing in disguise. They were going to charge us 3k in labor to replace that faulty head. Now they said they will cover it all. I was worried about affording 3k. Perhaps this is for the best.

This very well may be a blessing in disguise. They were going to charge us 3k in labor to replace that faulty head. Now they said they will cover it all. I was worried about affording 3k. Perhaps this is for the best.

Sounds like a reputable shop. Glad it's working out in its own way. I work on a small fleet of 6.0's and a few 6.4 trucks and I wouldn't ever have one as a daily driver. They are just too damned unpredictable.

You seriously need to get rid of that thing and don't ever buy a 6.0 again!

I'm in no position to get rid of it. If it would stop breaking down it would be relatively inexpensive to keep. Its paid off and fuel per month is roughly a car payment.

I personally think the dog would look better in the back of a 3rd or 4th Gen Cummins. Just my .02

This is the ultimate test of your diesel loyalty for sure! If this does not steer you away nothing will.

I'm in no position to get rid of it. If it would stop breaking down it would be relatively inexpensive to keep. Its paid off and fuel per month is roughly a car payment.

At the rate your going you can't afford to keep it and fix what breaks next

I personally think the dog would look better in the back of a 3rd or 4th Gen Cummins. Just my .02

This is the ultimate test of your diesel loyalty for sure! If this does not steer you away nothing will.

Nope I'm still sticking with it. That goes without saying tho. I probably will not keep that engine in my truck. I see a swap in the future.
At the rate your going you can't afford to keep it and fix what breaks next
Then my hands are tied. Either i suck it up and hope for the best. Or i cut my losses and start spending more on something new.

I saw an F-350 Harley edition truck just like yours a few weeks ago....with a 5.9 CR running dual cp3's and compounds. Just something to think about. :poke: :Cheer:
In all seriousness, I hope like hell she treats you good after all the repairs are finally done.

I saw an F-350 Harley edition truck just like yours a few weeks ago....with a 5.9 CR running dual cp3's and compounds. Just something to think about. :poke: :Cheer:
In all seriousness, I hope like hell she treats you good after all the repairs are finally done.

I wish

If and when you decide you want a fourth gen, let me know. Depending on the week and the new toy I wanna buy at the time, I might just make you a sweet deal :lolly:

Back