Best 140amp MIG

To follow up. I finally snapped a picture of his welder that is trip happy. Plugged into a 115v 20amp wall outlet and still wants to trip the reset often. It was purchased from NorthernTool. Maybe NorthernTool carries a “cheaper” line of this brand welder?

f9a333ba485a854c245d953688b8764b.jpg
The Lincoln dealers sell 'power mig' machines while northern tool, Lowe's, tsc, etc sell those 'eaay mig' welders. Not sure on the physical difference but there is a big price difference.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

My new rig for exhaust mainly, as recommended, Hobart handler 140.
083cf10e2daeb9ed2aa86e4bfdfa8a26.jpg

To follow up. I finally snapped a picture of his welder that is trip happy. Plugged into a 115v 20amp wall outlet and still wants to trip the reset often. It was purchased from NorthernTool. Maybe NorthernTool carries a “cheaper” line of this brand welder?

f9a333ba485a854c245d953688b8764b.jpg

Looks like he has the VOLTAGE turned up to max and a very slow wire speed... Maybe he is trying to weld to heavy of material for a small 110V welder. If someone needs to weld heavy material it is best to go with a 220V welder for sure!!!!

The Lincoln dealers sell 'power mig' machines while northern tool, Lowe's, tsc, etc sell those 'eaay mig' welders. Not sure on the physical difference but there is a big price difference.

I agree. It was definitely a price driven purchase.

OP. Good looking Hobart. If they only came with a longer stinger lead. How much does the entire unit weigh?

Chris. You are correct about the settings. Again, this little machine usually sits on the sidelines for tacking only. I forget the last project we used it for.

Back