Compounds and p-pump

I had to run mine at 24.5*. It liked 24.5 to 26. Any less and it ran like crap. I hated the knock above 24.5.

I would say you need a lot more timing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems sluggish and doesn't want to pull its own weight the chargers spool quick but doesn't seem like the fuel is there

I ran mine at 19 deg. Used the same timing till i went up to a 13mm pump. Went to 21 deg with it for daily driving and towing at the 900-1000 hp level. 19 deg with an 887 pump at around 700 hp was a nice set up as was 19 deg with the 13mm pump at a bit over 800 hp.

Last edited:
I ran mine at 19 deg. Used the same timing till i went up to a 13mm pump. Went to 21 deg with it for daily driving and towing at the 900-1000 hp level. 19 deg with an 887 pump at around 700 hp was a nice set up as was 19 deg with the 13mm pump at a bit over 800 hp.

I was curious about something. Did you ever notice a rpm range difference with the different timing settings? I loosely modeled my turbocharger sizing based off your setup.

I lost a little on the bottom with higher timing. Noticed mostly trying to run in overdrive below 70mph. That was the first thing I noticed with the 6.7 was that 70 in od was fine.

I lost a little on the bottom with higher timing. Noticed mostly trying to run in overdrive below 70mph. That was the first thing I noticed with the 6.7 was that 70 in od was fine.

Gotcha, I have it at 24* now. I never touched it after getting the pump back from Seth in the spring. Seems to have enough low end. Getting the primary to come up on the foot brake is about the only complaint I have currently. Or getting a transmission to live long enough to play :bang

The biggest pain for me was the springs. When the pump comes back it's too touchy. Back the springs off 2 clicks and it's almost fine(but can't back off any more) but now won't fuel above 3k.

I ran mine at 28 or so like I always have even with twins two years ago. That's with the wide bowl CR piston though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Back