700hp from 5x.012 injectors???

Fast12v

I got some DDP stage 3 injectors that claim that they can support 700-750hp. Well with my 62/75 compound turbos I can clean these things up at 10lbs Of boost with my afc maxed. I highly doubt my truck is close to the 700hp range. On the forums people say these are a 5x.012 injector which seems pretty small to be able to make 700hp. Truck feels like it wants more fuel on the top end but don’t want to buy new injectors unless I really have to. Anyone run these injectors and dyno that can prove they make the power they claim.

That's 700-750 with a great flowing pump .. 7x.014 would a better choice
I was talking to Tyler at Industrial injection and he was recommending there 5x.018. He made over 700 with those and a single 66 and the same pump mods that I have.

Maybe 750hp with a 13mm pump that will wear out the pump cam because it's trying to push too much fuel through a small injector. 5x.012's are not a 700hp+ injector for pretty much any normal combination.

A maxed 215 pump with high timing could probably get over 650 without to much trouble though.

I burn all my fuel on the top end with a maxed 180 pump and 5x.018's with .010 added lift.

I have a very similar setup to yours and only make 700ish with 5x.018s... but they are a bit hazy. I'm also at 26*

With the correct pump (180 or 215), timing in the high 20's, 5k gov springs, higher pressure, and big DVs I would expect around 650-700hp. You're going to have a really hard time doing that with a 175 pump. You can feed it pretty high fuel pressure (~70psi), but I don't think the cams were very aggressive, and were those 11mm pumps back in 94? You should see if you can find a 12mm 180 or 215 pump and have it benched. I bet you'd be really happy with the results.

I feel like most people put way too oversized injectors in now days. I think 7x.012's with a higher pop pressure are really nice injectors for the street that will support >1000hp

That will wear out the pump cam because it's trying to push too much fuel through a small injector.

This would be my concern from a durability standpoint, but I'm talking 100,000 mile range, not 20,000 mile or less.

I have ordered some 5x.018 injectors and bumped my fuel pressure up to 40psi at idle. I can shim the spring a little to gain some more psi if I need to. Would running a dual feed on the ppump help at all?? I know my 175 is not going to flow like the 180 or 215 pump. I’m looking for a new pump to buy before I send one off to be maxed and balanced. If anyone is looking for some 5x.012 injectors I got some for sale now.

Check your pop off pressures from time to time as well. I could see a difference in partial throttle smoke when mine dropped down below 270. I'd bump them back up to 295 and things would clean back up.

Back