Bypass Oil System Advise.

BCH

I just purchased a 2017 Ram 2500 with 17k on it. I've never owned a Cummins with the EGR and DEF systems on it. The last diesel I owned was an 06 and I had installed a FS-2500 bypass system and really liked it so I've been looking for one for this truck but now there seems to be a lot more options to choose from. My question is are there any systems that people on here are running and how do you like it?

That is one of the few I've been looking at. My one concern i's that it shows an adapter needed for the install and not sure if it uses an adapter between the filter and filter housing. I'm planning on calling tomorrow to ask about that. I'd like to find one that mounts under the hood but on the newer model trucks that may not be possible.

I think they give a couple options. One you mentioned, I tapped into the top of the factory filter mount. Threads are already there just remove the cap screw. for the return they offer a Valve cover cap and fitting. I just tapped into the cover itself.

I think I have an Amsoil one that was on an '06 I had, sitting in the shop, might get some pics of it for you.

Mark.

How much would you want for it if you find it? I found one that mounts on the engine under the hood so I'm going to call that company tomorrow. Their kit actually uses an amsoil bypass filter for its filter so might be what I'm looking for.

Finally found it and got pics.
Not sure WHAT brand it is?
I'd do $85 SHIPPED on the whole mess.

Mark.

Attachments

• 0227191905.jpg
    0227191905.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 0227191906b.jpg
    0227191906b.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 0
  • 0227191906.jpg
    0227191906.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 0227191906a.jpg
    0227191906a.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Yep, it's worthy of the scrap bin.
New ones from Amsoil are $275 plus, so maybe a new filter, along with a bit of clean up and an aerosol overhaul will bring it around?

Mark.

What's the point of this? Just so you can run other filters, or so you can change the filter easier without spilling?

It doesn't replace your stock filter. It's an additional filter that filters down to like 2 microns. It's suppose to extend your oil change intervals but I just like the idea of having super clean oil between my normal oil changes.

It doesn't replace your stock filter. It's an additional filter that filters down to like 2 microns. It's suppose to extend your oil change intervals but I just like the idea of having super clean oil between my normal oil changes.

Don’t fall into the extended drain trap.
You’re on the right track to rather keep the oil cleaner on the recommended drain interval.

My lawn mower has one installed from the factory. Pretty sweet!
I just change the oil and regular filter every 100 hrs. Drain and reuse the bypass filter.

Back