Shopping trip

9724VF350

Tractor Guy
DRO, tooling, vise, ect, is getting ordered tomorrow.

16807747_1736066376703881_562330414998807899_n_zpsonobah3j.jpg

I have some tooling if your interested.

Got reamers, drills, morse taper adapters, core drills, tap drivers, drill drivers, counterbores, and a bunch of taps.

Its all stuff that I have doubles and triples of that I got at local auctions that I will let go fairly cheap.

I might be. I'm going to order a cheap set of coated endmills to get started, need to get a few different R8 shank face mills, and some other odds and ends to get up and running quick. I'll always be interested in deals on tooling though.

I have three 6" face mills also. I bit big for that machine, but work if you are cutting light. 1.5" arbors so you can run them on the R8 face mill arbors.

I need a decent, geared head drill press...Don't need that fancy stuff you have, just something that can drill a hole at the right speed, not a belt driven junk drill press.

Anyone know of a place to find something like that?

Love to have a mill, and just use that for drilling holes, but I have too many hands in my shop to have a mill...wouldn't be good.
Chris

I need a decent, geared head drill press...Don't need that fancy stuff you have, just something that can drill a hole at the right speed, not a belt driven junk drill press.

Love to have a mill, and just use that for drilling holes, but I have too many hands in my shop to have a mill...wouldn't be good.
Chris
I'm sure Brad has other places too, but wanna go? https://hgrinc.com/

Chris

You can wreck some things in a hurry with those as well. I just went and looked at one a few months ago that ended up being scrapped. It was a NICE radialarm Sharp drill press. Idiots were hand grinding 1-1/2" bits to hacked up pieces of crap and they absolutely wrecked the gear box letting them power feed themselves into oblivion. Wasn't worth fixing unfortunately.

Get a bridgeport or any other relatively similar knee mills with power feed on the quill. They aren't worth much more than drilling holes anyhow.

For someone that isn't doing production work, a knee mill is the bees knees. Most people that walk in our shop are amazed we even have a mill LOL

We have more than made our money back just by making simple straight keyed shafts for our equipment.

Last edited:
Back