Valve Body Solenoid

D45

I have a Goerend valve body and Goerend TC 900/400 in my 48RE trans

When Goerend makes/sells their VBs, do you guys use a stock governor pressure solenoid or an aftermarket/upgrade unit?

Just curious before I buy/install a better solenoid unit.....THANKS

010-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

Last edited:
They use the upgraded one if I recall. The upgraded one plugs in and fits in the OEM location. Doesn't require the fancy metal piece.

up until the very last one I got every one I recived in the past had a stock one the last one I got a few weeks ago had a borg

If I understood right, they just made the switch to the BorgWarner solenoid after some testing. My new trans has the BW in it, and I just received it Wednesday.

From Goerend's website:

The new valve body comes complete with solenoids. The governor pressure solenoid and governor pressure sensor are new factory Dodge parts.

I'm gonna email him these pics and see if he can verify if it is a stock solenoid and see what he suggests..........looking to upgrade to either the heavy duty Borg Warner or do the Gm Conversion

Craig from GB said this about my truck's valve body:
"If it was 2 years ago it would be the stock gov solenoid. We started using the BW about 9 months ago."

They use the upgraded one if I recall. The upgraded one plugs in and fits in the OEM location. Doesn't require the fancy metal piece.

You are correct. I've been talking to Craig the last little bit working out an overdrive (or lack of) issue. During the conversion I asked if he used OEM or Borg. He said they have switched to Borg Warner instead of the OEM Solenoid.

Back