NADM East Coast Nationals, Numidia PA

That's the only one i have blown up. I ran the same turbo all last year and sprayed it at all the races. This was still the same turbo from last year. I have just been changing wheels and covers on it. I changed my nitrous set up in the fall to where I could give it a little more. I guess I gave it too much this time and it didn't like it .

What size turbo? Also was it a batmowheel turbo? Btw you have a nice truck.

That was a 75 mm TCT Bat . I had just changed it from the 80 mm wheel because the air was so heavy that morning and when it is heavy like that I have trouble spooling the big wheel. The 75 spools easy but the down side is when you hit it with the nitrous you can over speed it and burn the bearings out if you hit it too hard. Like happened . That's the thing about this racing stuff we are always pushing the limits of our setups and it is a continuous learning curve.

That's the thing about this racing stuff we are always pushing the limits of our setups and it is a continuous learning curve.

Judging from the way that truck runs, I'd say you are very near the tip on the learning curve. :bow:

Bruce...
Here is a video I found while surfing around on You Tube trying to find some of mine.....Andy

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7fQiAYPwOc"]diesel - YouTube[/ame]

Andy
I haven't seen that one yet. That was a good video I just barely had that thing spooled before launch. Kind of interesting to see the different angles of it . Would be cool to find one shot from about half track or right near the point of explosion. There weren't too many pieces left of the turbo. The only thing I have left of the wheels are a couple pieces of the compressor stuck in the boot of my intake pipe and a chunk of a blade imbedded into my inner fender well. All that was left on the exhaust side is the wheel with the shaft removed. So the shaft and maybe a big chunk of the compressor wheel had to come flying out of the front somewhere. It was a good thing I had the cross bolts in the exhaust pipe.

The person who shot that also had one of my truck on the jet from the side also,thats how I stumbled across it.
I have yet to find anymore of either of our trucks and I know tons of them had to be shot.......Andy

BTW..That is one righteous running ride you have.

Its always the weekend after the Bloomsburg 4 Wheel Off Road Jamboree, Which is always the weekend after the 4th of July. So if i had to guess id say it is July 19, 2014

Rob

Its always the weekend after the Bloomsburg 4 Wheel Off Road Jamboree, Which is always the weekend after the 4th of July. So if i had to guess id say it is July 19, 2014

Rob

Always 3rd weekend.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Ok thanks guys. I didn't know. Last year was my first year going. Hopefully I'll be able to get a built auto in my truck by then. I wonder if mass diesel will be running the dyno again.

Back