My First Hook, Clutch Sparking??

apocalypse1812

Nailed It!
My First hook... Ever

The video shows sparks coming from the bottom of my truck, is it my clutch? it is a South Bend DD with less than 1000mi on it. The clutch diddnt slip at all and held all the way until I pushed in the pedal.

I Got 2nd place. 194.8ft (1st place was 195.3)

oh yeah, ignore my wife's stupid commentary.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eymXvy6obs[/MEDIA]

I'd call the dealer and/or Peter at SB. It shouldn't be sparking. I've seen the SB's spark off the line quite a bit. That's the nature of his disks. It shouldn't be shooting them down the track, though.

Mech, his is sparking at the end of the track, not off the line. Off the line is fairly normal for a Southbend, but it shouldn't be sparking at the end.

Is it for sure a twin disk? I'd try to find out the plate load and friction material. Even if it's a 3200 ceramic, it should hold more than one pull. Have you been roasting it on the streets at all?

been there dun that.... 3 of my friends have bought south bends that "should have been enough" by the rating..... all 3 smoked'm, got told to stuff it by SB, 2 of them bought centerforce and have NOT had a problem, then other went with a valair and has yet to have troubles....

Back