Whats your racer weigh?

SPEEDSHIFT

What does your truck weigh, and what have you done to drop weight?

Mine is at about 6500lbs with the following...

1 battery
no tailgate, spare tire, hitch,
gutted interior with factory drivers seat only
5pt roll bar
rear roll pan

I want to either lighten it up more by cutting the bed out, or swap everything over to my single cab and gut it also... just sucks to start over with a new truck for minimal weight difference.

Last edited:
Mine is 5600 in current form. Gutted cab, Fiberglass bed etc. was about 6k with bed still in tact. with me in it of course.

What does your truck weigh, and what have you done to drop weight?

Mine is at about 6500lbs with the following...

1 battery
no tailgate, spare tire, hitch,
gutted interior with factory drivers seat only
5pt roll bar
rear roll pan

I want to either lighten it up more by cutting the bed out, or swap everything over to my single cab and gut it also... just sucks to start over with a new truck for minimal weight difference.

Mines 6700 with me in it full bodied qcsb, all factory leather interior, 20 gallon fuel cell, no hitch, bumper or tailgate. Hopefully picking up a regular cab to swap everything over in a couple weeks. Then turn the qcsb back to stock by motor and transmission swapping with the reg cab. Then throw all my goodies in the regular cab. Going to make a shortie by back halfing it with my fiberglass short bedsides.

1995 RCLB 5300lbs with half a tank of gas and some tools in the cab. Not a race car, it’s the daily. 2WD with a only part of a bed, AL driveshaft, wheel vintique steel 16’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5277 lol, I reached out to currie after seeing the link. I spoke to aaron and he was going to get some weights and pricing for what will work in our trucks. he mentioned a chromoly housing with 1 ton aluminum outers. I think if someone had lightweight front and rear brake kit that's a good start, then go after the rears. there's a ton of weight there to lose. attached is accurate but my drivers door was open when I took the picture...

Attachments

• IMG_4469.jpg
    IMG_4469.jpg
    340.4 KB · Views: 0
My 3rd gen short bed reg cab is between 5800-5900 lbs with me in it (I’m 165) with roll pan no hitch no spare and just under half tank of fuel. Still has both batteries and full interior and a bed liner come to think of it.

Ok, I'm in...
2004 cclb DRW. 11,800lbs and change with me in it. Lincoln Vantage 300 (1,500lbs) 2 tool boxes fully loaded, oxy-acetylene bottle racks, 300ft of 3/0 welding lead, 6" vise on the bumper, ranch hands front and rear... And a Cooler !!!! Lol.

Ok, I'm in...
2004 cclb DRW. 11,800lbs and change with me in it. Lincoln Vantage 300 (1,500lbs) 2 tool boxes fully loaded, oxy-acetylene bottle racks, 300ft of 3/0 welding lead, 6" vise on the bumper, ranch hands front and rear... And a Cooler !!!! Lol.

300’ of 3/0? Holy cow. Tell me you atleast have reels? Or a helper that spends half a day getting you set up LOL.

2-150's... And I actually just sold the reels (and a bunch of other stuff) to finish building my truck... Stuff happens.

Back