OPIE Bypass Kit installed with PICS

This kit did not keep the number 6 piston from melting... for the second time.

It might have been an injector issue, we will find out soon.

on a side note, i would prefer red hose over blue, since everything else under the hood is red.

You did send your injectors in to be tested after melting the first #6 piston right? I have a piece of red hose if you want to change over.

12v I have a piece of red hose from the kit If you want it. Also from the way you were decribing your symptoms You had a bad injector and ran it anyways

I cannot find any info on your 12V setup Opie?

It will take a little more time to install, but basically it is the same except everything is done on the opposite side of the head.(drivers side) The temp sensor is relocated on a street tee, the bypass bracket if used requires a couple holes to be drilled to pickup the holes.

Opie, i did not send in the injectors to have them checked and still ran the truck anyway.
The thing is the injector that caused the melted #6 piston the first time was changed to the first cyl the second time, and still the #6 melted down the second time, also the first one and the #5 just started to melt, its still got its form but got a little spot where it started to...

I understand that i should have sent the injectros in the frist time it happened, cause the truck never ran like before when cold, but
What i dont get if i really have 3 bad injectors, or if the engine gets too hot on ends...

how much do you need for the red hose_

Opie, i did not send in the injectors to have them checked and still ran the truck anyway.
The thing is the injector that caused the melted #6 piston the first time was changed to the first cyl the second time, and still the #6 melted down the second time, also the first one and the #5 just started to melt, its still got its form but got a little spot where it started to...

I understand that i should have sent the injectros in the frist time it happened, cause the truck never ran like before when cold, but
What i dont get if i really have 3 bad injectors, or if the engine gets too hot on ends...

how much do you need for the red hose_

The first thought that comes to my mind is electronics.

Engine gets to hot on ends?

Your cost would only be shipping as it is a remenant.

It will take a little more time to install, but basically it is the same except everything is done on the opposite side of the head.(drivers side) The temp sensor is relocated on a street tee, the bypass bracket if used requires a couple holes to be drilled to pickup the holes.

Any Pics? I assume you are tapping in on the back of the block on the 12 valve? Not to compare your setup to the bypass like Enterprises, but does your system offer benefits over this?

The first thought that comes to my mind is electronics.

Engine gets to hot on ends?

Your cost would only be shipping as it is a remenant.

meaning air flow retriction on number one and six cylinder.

i had the smarty TNT-R SW9, timing set on default (2) i think it is. might be too advanced. mp8 on 100% i would really love to track down the problem, to stop melting down motors.

meaning air flow retriction on number one and six cylinder.

i had the smarty TNT-R SW9, timing set on default (2) i think it is. might be too advanced. mp8 on 100% i would really love to track down the problem, to stop melting down motors.

I don't think its an air flow restriction on one and six. After havings the injectors checked out and if they come back good, the next thing would be to take small steps to figure out what is causing this.

how should i go about the steps? is it too much rp with mp8 on 100 % ?

quad gauge shows 26500 psi, is it actually making more?

how should i go about the steps? is it too much rp with mp8 on 100 % ?

quad gauge shows 26500 psi, is it actually making more?

I make aftermarket parts and try to answer any questions about my parts. This alone leads to having too many of my own problems to take on remote trouble shooting. There must be a shop nearby up to the task...

What's the best way to install this mod with dual CP3s?

I have the Relentless version.

Thanks to Tim Barber for the information! Plumb it straight forward on the driver's side of the radiator.

Alls well, no leaks, good to go.

Back