Work Stock Diesel for 2013

The stock appearing charger has a little bit of webbing on the front cover the 4094 does not . You can check Danville's site out it has pictures of both .

Rick you will be ready to ax this class before the first hook. Stock appearing is kinda a joke with people building cheater chargers like what these guys are talking about. You would be alot better off and retain your hair with a smooth bore 2.5 with no bushing/step cover rule

The stock appearing charger has a little bit of webbing on the front cover the 4094 does not . You can check Danville's site out it has pictures of both .
fleece makes the cheetah and they dont use a 4094 like danville...

Rick you will be ready to ax this class before the first hook. Stock appearing is kinda a joke with people building cheater chargers like what these guys are talking about. You would be alot better off and retain your hair with a smooth bore 2.5 with no bushing/step cover rule

I agree with this!

Could also limit to a s300 frame. Most people Probably won't want that though.

from phone

fortuneately the second a truck with a cheetah or a danville equivelant fires up you can hear it plain as day so theres really no hiding it anymore

harmonic balancer rule is a useless rule. these engines come apart from either too much load or too high compression. harmonics in these engines have never caused an engine failure to my knowledge. correct me if im wrong. and as for turbo rule, you should think that one out a little harder. anyone in their right mind would build a 6.4 if they have to utilize stock component chargers. the 6.4 air setup will outflow the dodge and chevys PERIOD. to make it fair your going to have to either watch fords dominate or do what most other orgnizations are doing/should be doing and make the class true wheel size. make inducer limit. no modified wheels. cast only. no clipped or protrusion wheels. no modified MWE grooves and make it smoothbore with a plug rule. true 2.5 or smaller. i think good power can still be made and a single 2.5 cast wheel will compete with a 6.4 twin setup. a good true 2.5 CR setup should make around 750-800hp which is more than enough IMO.

Should be good. Long as there is a good set of ruels on turbo limit we got a truck being built for the class.

From my smart car.

exactly!...ws has gotten outa hand down south...battle of the bluegrass allows hanging weights etc...700-750hp is the norm down there...

so then with that much hp people are going to have have built motors to compete

:umno: stock engines will make 700hp with ease. seen 10+ trucks do it firsthand and im rarely around wheel dynos. but if thats your argument then just get whipped by the fords. doesnt matter to me either way bud. i dont pull. just stating facts. the turbo rule is really the only important rule to limit horsepower if thats what your after. if you make to much power....take away a tire. dont make it harder than it has to be. all it comes down to using common sense when writing these rules. stock parts will begin breaking at 450-500hp. people are going to spend money to compete. Period. i think 2.6 has pretty much proven that argument.

I know what a stock bottom end can put out while holding it together . My truck put down 696hp down this spring at the wheels . I could have mine tuned to the 800hp mark ( with a few changes ) but my bottom end wouldn't last a few pulls .
I also drive mine to every pull and make sure it is legal for where I am going .

All I am saying is when it gets that far out of control where you have to have a built motor to compete in a ws class I will switch to drag racing .

its possible. itd make more sense to me. look at the alcohol truck rules? what do they say? really, how many insurance companies know about performance engines.:lolly:
Yes, I agree, everyone kind of gets lumped together.
One of the groups I pulled with required us to have a bracket, or tabs in front of the dampner to keep the dampner from walking off the crank. Not a whole lot of value added on a cummins.

Why the bumper rule? Keeps a lot of guys away. This class is geared towards daily driven diesels, many guys have the " Ranch Hand" bumpers cuz of the deer they have hit, not to stack weight in there. How hard is it to look for weight behind them?

Why the bumper rule? Keeps a lot of guys away. This class is geared towards daily driven diesels, many guys have the " Ranch Hand" bumpers cuz of the deer they have hit, not to stack weight in there. How hard is it to look for weight behind them?

Have to draw the line somewhere, I don't agree with it, but I am sure it is targeted at the guy who makes his bumper out of 3/4" plate and it just happens to be 60" in front of the centerline of the front axle. I say make it a no visible weight rule and go.

Back