How about an option to pay a site fee for those of us with low post count

If you nee your post count raised please let me know. I can raise it for you.

Rate Scale:

Just enough to Post in the For sale area: $250

100 Post to keep from looking like a Newbie: $500

500 Post to look like a Pro: $1000

User Banning Rates:

Idiots: Sometimes free, other times $200(rate varies according to situation)

Can you list the top 5 posters? How much are those members worth? LOL

Thread resurrection...

As a CompD $500 premium member, I don't really see the benefits. And I think Phil just spent all the money on bourbon that he's not even sharing...

Thread resurrection...

As a CompD $500 premium member, I don't really see the benefits. And I think Phil just spent all the money on bourbon that he's not even sharing...

I see you have taken over my title since I changed mine to "bully." Very nice. :clap:

Thank God Phil doesn't charge by post around here.

First of all I want to apologize to the site for bumping my post count when I joined a few weeks back. I was banned for a few weeks for this. I really didn't mean anything devious or anything like that, I just wanted to reach out to a member through pm and bumped my post count up to 10 in order to do this. I have done this in the past on other forums that I frequent regularly now and I wasn't banned on those forums.

Usually when someone finds a site they found it because they did an internet search and stumbled across it looking for information (this is how I found this site). Once this info is found they want to reach out and get more info on their topic rather quickly so the post counts are bumped up quickly to make this happen.

I realize now after a little more reading that you guys have been spammed and trolled upon so I respect the position of the minimum post count, but not all of us newb's are total douche bags (I may be a partial but not total :)

With all this ranting and whining stated, Ill wipe my nose and ask the question I wanted to ask in the beginning. Would it be possible for those of us who are looking for some quick info and don't have the contacts here to post 10 threads that they have the opportunity to purchase a membership for 1 year or just sponsor the site for $5 or something like this to help allow them the ability to pm and post normally?

You know, something like be a sponsor or 10, 20, 100 or whatever posts you want to throw at it? As a sponsor you could request a lot of info and confirm a valid email address or validate it through a valid phone message system or whatever so you know who this person is. That way you can truly weed out the asshats and allow those of us less knowledgeable and introverted people a chance to ask a question and participate when we need? You could even consider the 100 post minimum with a concept like this. If someone is paying I doubt they will be jerks on the site.

Just an idea. Oh and can I get a post count bump of 25 on this post as it took a while to blow this out.

Another Amen from louisiana. Id pay $5 for PM access.

Who cares what you would pay?

If you want to PM you need to contribute, then you can message us. Until then ask your questions in the open forum.

Tried to PM as a new member today and saw the 10 post limitation. A bit annoying at first,
but spammers bother me more... probably a good thing

I do not have any posts, have not found where to step in yet. Why would you want to pay to be able to pm?
10 posts. It's not that hard, join a conversation.
I guess I just do not understand what the big rush is for. Give it time, work your way into posting more and becoming more active.

Back