Hood stack on 3rd Gen with a/c help

DPwithat

I purchased an old school fab hood stack for my third gen with a second gen manifold. Is it possible to mount the stack with keeping the a/c. My friend can bend new lines but wondering if anyone has had it done before. I live in Arizona and summers get crazy hot. Any help will be appreciated

Attachments

• IMAG1786.jpg
    IMAG1786.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG1918.jpg
    IMAG1918.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG952619.jpg
    IMG952619.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 0
Why do you need a hood stack?

Don't need one. Just like the way they look. Hardly drive the truck but take it to the sand drags and other little events here and there. I plan on purchasing a srt hood and keeping the factory exhaust when the stack gets annoying.

[ame="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Nootch/library/dodge/HoodStack?sort=3&page=1"]HoodStack by Nootch | Photobucket[/ame]

I built one a few years ago and kept my AC. I used a 2nd gen manifold and relocated my battery.

IF you were to mount your battery sideways first on the passenger side, you could keep it there. but by the time i got to thinking of moving battery sideways, it was already too late.

PM me if you have any questions. And yes, that is a muffler, and yes, it does make a HUGE difference.

HoodStack by Nootch | Photobucket

I built one a few years ago and kept my AC. I used a 2nd gen manifold and relocated my battery.

IF you were to mount your battery sideways first on the passenger side, you could keep it there. but by the time i got to thinking of moving battery sideways, it was already too late.

PM me if you have any questions. And yes, that is a muffler, and yes, it does make a HUGE difference.
you know what i actually read your post and liked it a lot. im just worried that my turbos cac pipe might get in the way.since its position is down as well. and my turbos cover is a little bigger as well :/. definitely is an option i can try and see if it works. thanks for the response!

Which sand Drag's? Where are you located?

arizona

What i didn't post in there and did later on was make a spring waste gate. When i clocked the outlet housing upwards to make room i tacked my gate closed. When i upgraded turbo's i ended up making a little bracket that bolted onto the turbo flange and the wastegate rod went through it. then it was a spring and double nut, or secure nut. adjusting was easy after that.

Other things i did in the end was move my grid heater relays over to the other side of the engine bay and tap into the wires that are by the hood hinge.

Hmmmm. Gonna see what I can do about moving my cac pipe and turbo intake side a little to allow room. And no worries I took. The grid heater out. I live in Arizona lol

I did it. It's a little tight but it worked. If you have a straight v band outlet on your turbo it would be easier to just turn the turbo around backwards then all you need is a flange and a 90.

Attachments

• 59C53D24-13E6-40AB-B0DA-126CC27BB28F_zpsj2y82jli.jpg
    59C53D24-13E6-40AB-B0DA-126CC27BB28F_zpsj2y82jli.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I did it. It's a little tight but it worked. If you have a straight v band outlet on your turbo it would be easier to just turn the turbo around backwards then all you need is a flange and a 90.

Heck yea buddy! Thank you! I'm gonna have to see if I can make that work! Looks really good. Did you keep the second battery in or delete it?

Heck yea buddy! Thank you! I'm gonna have to see if I can make that work! Looks really good. Did you keep the second battery in or delete it?

I got rid of the battery. On a side note I love the idea of a hood stack and they look great but driving with one gets old quick. It makes a huge mess, it's loud, and the sound sucks compared to any normal exhaust.

Back