Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Heard that CAT's settlement was $15k to anyone that could prove they purchased an 07 EPA engine new. Not nearly enough for the businesses that went under because the trucks couldn't move freight.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Heard that CAT's settlement was $15k to anyone that could prove they purchased an 07 EPA engine new. Not nearly enough for the businesses that went under because the trucks couldn't move freight.

Auctions are loaded with new trucks of all brands that bankrupted companies. With this new junk your always a sensor away from losing a load or contract.

Yeah. I've been giggling at all the CT660's bring shown off at the Orlando auction.

Everything we sell to South America is 3306 CAT. They will take anything...I mean anything 3306. Head off of the engine for 6 months outside? No problem, we fix we fix.

Tore my roof liner out on the w9 and found the sign lamp switch wire behind the dash. Connected it to a switch and sure enough my sign/beacon symbol illuminated on the dash. Only extra wire I can find up top are an olivewire with a brown stripe and ground. In a two prong plug. One on each side above the door. I'm assuming these are the wires I require? So why can't I get power to come to them? Anyone done this can help me out please? They I disappear in the bundle of wires and go into the panel. I've swapped out breakers an relays they work as they also control the sign/beacon symbol.

Found the wire lol tore the harness out on the advice from a kenworth tech and ended up finding one plug jammed in the corner behind the cb. Boom beacon wire. Red with orange stripe on Canadian made trucks, red with green on American made.

Makes perfect sense. Wtf

Ya I don't understand that. But I will say kw did half decent at marking wires. If the truck has a sign lamp switch wire behind dash and a spot on the fuse panel then it should have the wires up in the bulkhead somewhere in the middle. Not one to each side like I had thought. The ones I found on the side must have been for spot lights

Anybody ever swapped air ride onto a LTL Ford? Found a beautiful truck local, equipped right except it's spring ride. Frames on them are designed a little different than most so I'm not sure if it would take LTL specific suspension or not.

Anybody ever swapped air ride onto a LTL Ford? Found a beautiful truck local, equipped right except it's spring ride. Frames on them are designed a little different than most so I'm not sure if it would take LTL specific suspension or not.

We have a LTL and it has neway air ride shouldn't be hard to swap that.

Just sent a DD13 down the road. 300k miles, injection pump came apart and sent alum through the entire fuel system including the fuel tanks. $12,000-$15,000 repair with all 6 injectors. Friend worked for local Detroit dealer for probably 15yrs and this is not rare. Once metal is found in the fuel filter the advice was to run it until it dies because the damage is done. You can overhaul a Cat/Cummins for that $$.

If this is what you consider a great motor the junk your used to over there must be a real treat.

If you drive that jewel again don't over rev it because it stretches the cam lobes and they have to be replaced.
No problems here, they must make them better for our market, again.

Oh and remember, Caterpillar is out of business, so it's not the option.

Last edited:

Shouldn't. Just have to do some measuring to make sure a cutoff will match up.

My Freightliner is 33-1/2" wide and most others are 34".

I know, i know knock on FL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of ford's had that neway swing arm deal on them, so you might even find an actual ford cutoff and not have to worry about it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Buddy sells trucks to SA and they just now started taking old E7 Mack's. Guess they finally got electricity and trust the drive by wire motors. Lol

Would gladly take an E7 over a DD13. May not get there too fast, but ya should at least still get there.....

Would gladly take an E7 over a DD13. May not get there too fast, but ya should at least still get there.....

It's amazing to see the guys who owned S60's for years and loved them. Then the went to the dealer to get a new truck and came out with a DD15/13. Found out fast they couldn't be any farther from each other. 8hr+ job to change an air compressor. Parts that Fisher Price wouldn't put on kids toys.

Fuel system so weak it makes a VP44 look reliable. If you don't prime the lube system with a pump there is a very good possibility it will spin a bearing after rebuild.

Last edited:
It's amazing to see the guys who owned S60's for years and loved them. Then the went to the dealer to get a new truck and came out with a DD15/13. Found out fast they couldn't be any farther from each other. 8hr+ job to change an air compressor. Parts that Fisher Price wouldn't put on kids toys.

Fuel system so weak it makes a VP44 look reliable. If you don't prime the lube system with a pump there is a very good possibility it will spin a bearing after rebuild.

Funny you mention air compressor. Just gonna swap mine out on my s60 this morning lol

Fleet mechanics I've talked to claim they are gods gift to the world. I cannot understand it. Everything on it is a slightly larger scale dirtbike part and they give the engines away at auction.

Back