AFCO shocks

Daily driver and yes slicks at the track.

4 link sorta but with ballistic joints from QA1 too.

QA1 has great customer service and were very helpful in helping with selection for ride height.

That being said places like YB etc seem to all say Afco>Strange>QA1.

QA1 has great customer service and were very helpful in helping with selection for ride height.

That being said places like YB etc seem to all say Afco>Strange>QA1.

Same reason I went with them.

I'll have my shocks back next week and throw you a install pic.

Last edited:
Was able to order up a set from Afco with a heavy spring. Pleasure to deal with and really pricey.

Double adjustable big gun valving 5" stroke Afco shock. 700lbs/in 3.5" taper spring. Just the fronts for now.

Double adjustable big gun valving 5" stroke Afco shock. 700lbs/in 3.5" taper spring. Just the fronts for now.

That is very similar to what I'm looking at. I know there has been some discussion as to what spring rate is best for the front of our trucks. Some are around 350, some are at 800. Did afco suggest the 700 lb/in springs? What length are the springs? If you wouldn't mind, can you pm what it cost?

Yes Afco suggested the springs. They are rated to hold up a 23-2500lbs front end. A little less than $1000 for the pair. Less than a week lead time for custom valving and shipping.

Yes Afco suggested the springs. They are rated to hold up a 23-2500lbs front end. A little less than $1000 for the pair. Less than a week lead time for custom valving and shipping.

I appreciate you sharing the information. i'm looking forward to see how they work out for you.

AHall: Do you have a part number on those springs? I bought 7" Afco big guns for the front of mine, but I haven't ordered springs yet, originally planning on just running the stock springs.

I am also very curious how they work out for you.

I can let you know tomorrow I believe. Receipt won't be done til they ship. I'm told it's a new part number for this year.

Back