Light trailer tires?

J-Pipes

Got another flat on my small trailer, 82"×12', tandem 3500# axles with brakes. Most common loads are my zero turn, or my side by side. Second time splitting a sidewall, 6ply load range C tires. Anyone aware of anything heavier available in this size?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

What brand tires? Not that I have a brand to recommend, just curious. I'm running a Carlisle Radial Trail HD 8ply 205/75/15 on my 12' single axle. Heaviest it hauls is a 755 Deere with a loader. No tire problems yet.

Last edited:
What brand tires? Not that I have a brand to recommend, just curious. I'm running a Carlisle Radial Trail HD 8ply 205/75/15 on my 12' single axle. Heaviest it hauls is a 755 Deere with a loader. No tire problems yet.
Arisun ST227, are what came on it when I bought it last yr, Gatormade trailer.

Been leaning towards either the new Goodyear endurance 8ply, or Carlisle 8ply, but stumbled upon a listing from Walmart online for all 4 tires for $220, Winda premium trailer tires is all it says. The others are $100-$120 each. What says squirrel face? Should be the resident trailer tire expert by now!

What size tire? Carlisle makes a heavy tire, you will have to check to see if they have it in your size though. I highly recommend the heaviest ply you can get in your size, you will stop blowing tires that way.

Carlisle is what I run on my 5th wheel camper (tandem 7k's, 10k weight rating), and my medium trailer (tandem 3500's) and have head great luck with wear and never had a blowout.

I wait for deals out of Mills Fleet Farm and pick them up with new wheels (~$140 each). I can typically sell the old wheel/tire combo for around $50 each ;-)

205/70/15 size, 8ply is the heaviest I've seen so far. Plan to put LT tires on the gooseneck whenever itd needed, but haven't found and LT this small.

If you can jump up to a 225/75/15 you can get 10 ply and the cost is only a few dollars more than a 205/75/15 in 8 ply.

If you can jump up to a 225/75/15 you can get 10 ply and the cost is only a few dollars more than a 205/75/15 in 8 ply.
Thanks for the tip, really didn't want a taller tire, there's room, just didn't want to raise the deck height. But I cant see the 1/2" deck height increase being a major issue. So I think I'll look into them a little more.

Do you need wheels? I grabbed those Carlisle 8plys I listed from Wally World, under $60/ea

I just put the Goodyear Endurances on our travel trailer. They seem to be really nice tires but we've only had them on there for a few months.

I have a real issue buying anything Carlisle. I guess it's because of all those little 12" tires splitting and separating growing up on all of dad's little trailers. They just always seemed like junk to me.

I did look at the Trailer Kings when I was shopping. Hope they work well for ya.

I just put the Goodyear Endurances on our travel trailer. They seem to be really nice tires but we've only had them on there for a few months.

I have a real issue buying anything Carlisle. I guess it's because of all those little 12" tires splitting and separating growing up on all of dad's little trailers. They just always seemed like junk to me.

I did look at the Trailer Kings when I was shopping. Hope they work well for ya.
Hopefully being as they're overkill, they work out. Hard to justify spending more than double what I spent to get the goodyear's. Probably at most only 2500mi a yr is all they'll see.

Back