View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 10:16 AM   #48
me78569

Name: me78569
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
the 0-60 times were nearly the same, so close that the winner flip floped back and forth. Again nominal difference in power. If you look at the videos taken the 330 bar injectors are clearly cleaner than the stock bar injectors on a WOT take off. I would have to adjust down my tune by ~%2-%4 to make the stock bar run as clean as the 330 bar.

Cruising duration commands to keep 55 mph were %3 higher with 330 bar suggesting they flow ~%3 less, HOWEVER cruising egt's were down by 50*f with the 330 bar injectors. Running the test from the same light pole to the same light pole.

The very interesting thing is in the lugging spool test. I actually ran this test a few times because I didn't believe the results, but the 330 bar injectors reached 30 psi, from a lugged OD locked TC 41 mph pull, nearly 2 seconds faster. Same stretch of road, same starting MPH, same snap throttle input the 330 bar injectors built boost significantly faster in a lugged situtation. I dont know that I fully believe the data yet on this one, but it is repeatable.

This is what my butt dyno told me as well. The stock bar injectors did not get the turbo moving nearly as fast in a locked tc passing situtation.

next is 350 bar, I expect to see the perks of the 330 bar injectors go away. However I expected to see a more significant difference in power for the stock bar injectors as well.. I dunno.

In no way am I saying higher pop is the gospel nor the right thing to do, but the data is interesting. I think the difference would be much more minor if I wasn't at such as high altitude.