Just ordered some DDM HID's anyone run them?

OBXdieselAddict

Just ordered some 6k high and low beam HID's from DDM tuning. They are cheap but my buddy has run them for a year with no issues. Anyone run them or any other company? How do you like your HID's?

damn hopefully I do then lol It said something about a lifetime warranty though so hopefully if one dies they will stand by there warranty

I got my HID's through Burke moto. 6000k, true plug and play with an unconditional 5 year warranty that he stands behind. I had a ballast go out, sent him an e-mail, and had a new one in 3 days. Paid $75 for the headlights, $55 for the fog's, very good guy to deal with. $.02

conversion, kits items in HID store on eBay!

I am kinda excited to get these guys and try them out. I replaced my headlights with some smoked lense lamps and they are dim as hell now with the old lights.

They wouldn't warranty my bulbs when I had HID's on my 01 dodge. The bulbs were suppose to move in and out for hi-beam low-beam, but never worked.

I'd be interested to see your light pattern.. Seems like all HID's have the pattern scattered all over the place.

damn hopefully I do then lol It said something about a lifetime warranty though so hopefully if one dies they will stand by there warranty

They have stood by their warranty for me, but its the hassle. Also, their stuff comes from China. So expect to be out for at least two weeks when they go out.

I run them and a few other locals do as well, no problems so far with mine. A friend of mine blew a bulb. Just order extra bulbs to have on hand. It's a pain having to wait on replacements.

Is anyone here using ASM HIDs? I've had them sitting in the shop for a few months and haven't installed them yet.

Sent from my paperweight

They wouldn't warranty my bulbs when I had HID's on my 01 dodge. The bulbs were suppose to move in and out for hi-beam low-beam, but never worked.

I'd be interested to see your light pattern.. Seems like all HID's have the pattern scattered all over the place.

That's what happens when you run an HID in a stock housing not meant for an HID bulb. For the HID kit to be focused (and most effective and not blinding other drivers) it needs to be in a projector.

And you didn't miss much by losing the hi/lo beam function on them, it doesn't really do anything at all.

Just ordered some 6k high and low beam HID's from DDM tuning. They are cheap but my buddy has run them for a year with no issues. Anyone run them or any other company? How do you like your HID's?

I've been running mine for over 3 years now, no complaints at all. Another friend of mine has been running his for nearly a year now.

little update on the HIDs. Got them installed ok. took a little while to figure them out the clips for the female plugs that plug into the actual truck were upside down so they didnt work until I randomly tried flipping them upside down.

Only real complaint with them is that the passenger side running light never comes on by itself you have to flip the highs on and back to the lows for them to cut on. Kinda weird. Maybe the ballast I guess but like I said its no big deal I guess for a cheap set of HIDs they are pretty good

If you wanted more white than blue why didnt you go with 4500K?

I have several sets of HIDS, all from hidgate and DDM. Have had a few problems but there cheap enough it doesnt matter.

If you wanted more white than blue why didnt you go with 4500K?

I have several sets of HIDS, all from hidgate and DDM. Have had a few problems but there cheap enough it doesnt matter.

The 6000K are the threshold between white and blue light. They put off white light looking out from the cab, appear white-ish from close, but have the blue look from a distance. I'm going with 5000K my next go around.

Back