Friends Exhaust ?

a friend of mine asked me and I wasn't 100% sure so I figured i'd ask here for clarification since he lives a few hours from me now.
He has a 08 6.7 he recently bought, supposedly the truck has a 5.9 3rd gen manifold and phatshaft turbo to a 5" TBE system with a muffler. The whole system is all cracked/beat up to hell.
He has a brand new 5" stainless system he picked up very cheap but its for a 2010-12.
Because of different turbo location he didn't know if the new style of DP/connecting pipe would properly work without having to modify the rest of the new system? if not then he'd sell it

He can also get me a picture looking at the turbo/manifold and with someones help I can get it uploaded here for clarification of its possible location

well my buddy decided that this weekend coming up he's going to roll the dice and install the new kit as delicate as possible to prevent any damage from occurring in case the system isn't "perfect" and able to re-sell for a profit.

He should be able to use the old downpipe (assuming that’s not rusted too badly) and just merge it to the new system. That’s what I did when I did an S400 swap. I also put in a bolt in flex pipe near the crossmember so it’s not a PITA to remove the downpipe if I ever need to.

Cut a piece of cardboard to match the new downpipe and check. Pretty sure there’s going to be some difference...

only update ive gotten is that the 10-12 5" down pipe bolts up to the hx40 elbow off the turbo and fits perfectly fine (BARELY clears the trans line) but things came up and didn't get anymore than that done this weekend.

Back