View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 05:50 PM   #1
Smokin ACE

Name: Smokin ACE
Title: 1st gen turbo tester
Member`s Gallery
Pics of your Single Bar traction bar setups?

Well I'm wanting to redo my traction bar setup on the rear. Right now I have Ladder bars that I built all myself on the back that are about 48" long and have a shackle on the frame so they don't bind. There is a backplate welded to the axle and that plate is bolted to the bars so the axle won't twist inside them.
Click the image to open in full size.
They seem to work pretty good but I've been breakin the bolts out where it mounts to the axle, plus I've heard if you truck pull that the longer the bars the better.

So I'm thinkin a 60" or 72" long single bar setup made out of 2" solid round bar would be a better route. I was gonna make a mount for them on the bottom of the lift block/U-bolt plate to mount them to the axle then make a solid mount to the frame with no shackle. I was gonna have the bars machined so they would have 2 3/4" holes about 6" deep centered in each end so I can tap them and put 3/4" heim rod ends in the end with a jam nut, Or I could drill the holes myself with a hand drill if its too pricey but probably won't get them very straight with 2" solid round bar, they will be pretty heavy, but will be stout and shouldn't ever have to worry about them bending or snapping or breakin the3/4" heims out

What do you think? and will the solid bars bind a lot and ride rough with no shackle or will they be fine? i might put my ladder bars on the front when I'm done, not sure yet. Just want your guys input and see pics of yours and how yours are setup.