View Single Post
Old 02-11-2017, 04:26 PM   #3
cut7

Name: cut7
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Thanks for your reply!

RPM range is idle to 4k max. This is a compound turbo street truck which will never be entered into competitions. The H-pump is similar to a P-pump except that it has an additional rack to advance timing, & the pressure rise is much faster, & the peak pressure is much higher (approaching CR pressures). The fueling & timing racks are electrically actuated; & are totally independent of each other. Just like a P-pump, you statically set the pump — to say, 10°, or whatever you desire as a starting point — then the advance rack will advance timing from there. So if I started at 10° initial timing (measured at the crank) I could program a curve with a maximum of 39.6°. To reiterate, the timing rack has nothing to do with the position of the fueling rack, they are totally separate functions. In other words, I can program in whatever curve I want, within the parameters of the total advance available by the rack (which is 29.6°). With the pump initially timed at a modest 10°, it is theoretically possible to get 39.6° advance at idle (though I don't know why anyone would want to do that!)

Does that answer your question? Or should I elaborate further?

Once again, thanks for your comment. I'm hoping this will be an intelligent & informative thread for all.

Last edited by cut7; 02-11-2017 at 04:28 PM.