New Borg Warner S300sxe Turbos

Im running the S64.5 sxe with the 73mm turbine with the .91 housing on my 7.3 and it works very very very well. It spools fast and pulls hard. Doing this with low egts too.

Im running the S64.5 sxe with the 73mm turbine with the .91 housing on my 7.3 and it works very very very well. It spools fast and pulls hard. Doing this with low egts too.

Doing that one with a 82mm right now on a 5.9 for quick spool up and strong power.

I think it's pretty safe to say that these newer designed turbines are definitely helping to bridge the s300-s400 gap. Nobody has come here with complaints as of yet, and only time will tell of over all reliability. Hands down though my secondary s366sxe with the t4. 91 won't be going anywhere!

Is there a reason people are choosing the 66 over the 69?

I think most are going with them as secondaries. No need for a 69 in a secondary spot even though the exducers are the same.

I wonder how the 69 would tow on a CR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Should tow better and spool quicker than stock. :poke: Maybe thats on the "other" forum though... haha

Last edited:
I think most are going with them as secondaries. No need for a 69 in a secondary spot even though the exducers are the same.

Should tow better and spool quicker than stock. :poke: Maybe thats on the "other" forum though... haha

Right, see that's why I ask these questions here. Everyone thinks since it's a CR w/EFI live anything is possible-like they have a piece of F'ing superman inside the cp3 or something.... :blahblah1:

it's still a 5.9B series diesel motor... :doh:

Same on my IDI, I was pushing 50psi non-intercooled with 160-170cc of fuel and its actually hard to get my EGT's above 1000* with water injection.... Not bad for supposedly pushing the turbo off its map...

I'm debating on swapping my secondary from the 66 to the 69..... if my spool is starting on around 1300rpms, what type of lag would be anticipated between the 2?

Please do! I wanna see how it does! haha. Whats the reason for wanting the switch since you don't need it for the power?

Please do! I wanna see how it does! haha. Whats the reason for wanting the switch since you don't need it for the power?

I ask myself the same question! Honestly just curious more than anything. I like the responsiveness of the 66, but I also want to keep my stock bottom end so......

Back