Yanmar Common Rail

Mutt_78

Hi! I'm new here, and I'm gathering information on an eco vehicle I've been designing on napkins and my brain for the past year or so. I would like to do a small Eco car, with a mid mounted 3 cylinder twin turbo common rail Yanmar. What goes into designing a common rail system? I'm an accomplished machinist and I'm soon to start schooling for mechanical engineering, I just don't have a lot of knowledge in diesel, or biodiesel to be more accurate. I know how to make it, roughly, and should start producing small batches in the coming months. Any help is appreciated! :]

Welcome Mutt!

Take a couple of classes on diesel technology, and if you give me a few days I will post up a link to a few books that can help you get started.

Welcome!

Use the search feature and that will help tremdously find what you are lookin for. Quite a few people here run or have tried many differnet types of bio-fuel.

I have one of those brainstorms going as well. A VW tdi since its already common rail but ran off an ECU that allows totally customizable tuning. Possibly in a lighter weight car than the VW models. 70-80 MPG would be nice, race tuning at the flip of a switch will be awesome.

I have one of those brainstorms going as well. A VW tdi since its already common rail but ran off an ECU that allows totally customizable tuning. Possibly in a lighter weight car than the VW models. 70-80 MPG would be nice, race tuning at the flip of a switch will be awesome.

dude no doubt :] im calling it the eco-tourismo, mainly cause it describes exactly what i want, and it sounds bad ass lol. and im deff going for as light as possible. a small carbon fiber, 2 seater tub with possibly an integrated tube cage for the top portion, much resembling the maclaren mp4-12c with a tube cage on top.

Last edited:
I work at a biodiesel plant, making it is the eazy part getting it to meet standards is the hard part. You dont worry to much about standards with homeade stuff but it needs to be clean and low in glycerin and moisture for sure.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Back