View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 04:36 PM   #42
Bodacious

Name: Bodacious
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselbeef View Post
i hope whoever is welding on that truck isn't the same guy that hung that giant assed generator on the front of that trlr
Thought I best square this question away. I had a pro working for me at the time the generator was mounted. lol

The cheapest used "Cummins Onan" 8kW I could find was $5,500. Bought the beast you see from my cousin. It is kubota powered, 10kw, and pretty quiet. I definitely need to insulate better from the bedroom right there.

We have resorted to headphones to watch movies if we don't have the plug in power available.

Just so happens I scored a scrapped "Cummins Onan" unit a few months later. Plans are to mount this one on the trailer you see in the pics and move the larger gen to the semi-stacker trailer we bought for the pulling truck.

No work on the 'Shop Truck' as of late. Lots of groin pain. So far the best the Doc's can say is 'Testicular Pain Syndrome' from the aftermath of the massive hernia operation. Yea haw, right??? If you want to feel a little pity for me, run out and grab a close pin off the wife's clothes line. Clamp it on a testicle. Their ya go.

Ibuprofen is my friend.

Last edited by Bodacious; 06-16-2017 at 04:42 PM.