To go to the stealership or not?

WILD_PHIL

My 2016 2500 has what looks like a small oil leak. You can't see the drip, but you can see where oil has started coming out. Looks like a rear main leak to me. I could be wrong. I've got a lot of traveling planned through the rest of the month so this isn't the best time to go drop the truck off.

Dark spot in the picture is my concern. Truck has 15k miles on it. What do yall think?
555b46cb327dddfecb56fa8fb90c3604.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

If you are asking if its a problem.......no. I wouldn't be worried about driving across country with it like that.

But I would be having it fixed.....should be covered by warranty.

I was in a hurry when posting this. I decided to go ahead and change the oil and take it in later. Maybe next month. Hopefully they just take care of it. I'm going to take it back to the dealership I bought it from.

Are you sure it isn't leaking out the back of your valve cover? I have the same drip and the valve cover is my culprit

Well I hadn't looked again since I changed the oil. I need to slide under it and take a look. Thanks for letting me know.

I would suggest leaving it alone. Just my opinion, but there's more chance they'll mess up more than they fix. I highly doubt it's a rear main. As others have said, probably coming from above.

Well I considered that. I'm not worried about a valve cover leaking. Rear main is a different story. There wasn't any wet oil, I could just see where there was oil at one point. I figured I'd let it get closer to 36k miles before I took it in, if I take it in at all.

Back