Old 05-04-2017, 12:25 PM   #23
cut7

Name: cut7
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiffi View Post
Bosch ECM controls it 0-5 volts.

Did you test max fueling ? I never got answer from any pump shop, I know it makes at least 750 hp in generator engine and I think it is not even close to max in that application.
I can tell you for an absolute surety that it take 10.08v to get the timing rack to move to its max position (13.5mm).
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneliusRox View Post
Good deal. So the reason I'm confident that injection timing will play a role is because 13mm pumps use different timing based only on the fact that they have a ~17% larger bore and inject fuel much quicker because of this. Do you know the stroke, bore, and ramp of your pump? That might get you an idea as to where you want to start.

Have you gotten the pump flow tested to see how much fuel you'll have. That can give you a hint as well for timing.

Max fueling was tested on a Bosch bench (with a Bosch controller commanding it) discharging through .7mm injector nozzle (as per Bosch's specs). My maxed & balanced P-pump put out 398cc — which, BTW, corroborates what the bench operator told me. He said a 12mm P-pump can put out about 400cc max.

On the same bench, the same day, under the same conditions, my H-pump put out 687cc. Its peak injection pressure is about 150-200 bar higher than a P-pump, & its cam is a MUCH faster rate (meaning it reaches peak pressure much faster). It also has constant pressure valves that retain pressure in the line just below the pop pressure of the injector,;which reduces dribbling, & the haze associated with it.

Last edited by cut7; 05-04-2017 at 12:36 PM.