FMS pull

sad 2 say but diesel trucks will be a 1 and done at nfms. the will not get invited back cause of poor performance besides for a few trucks that did make it down the track.thy should of had the 3.0 class it would of been a better show.

Thats what my Neighbor (Leischner) told me too. They called me while the trucks were going and wanted to know why they were having such a hard time. They said some couldnt get started, taking to much time up and all the carnage would be the reason for not getting invited back. This is unofficial but will more than likely be the case. Im sure the gas 4x4 guys will be gloating over on pulloff.

On a side note Bill said they got second behind wild child in the prliminarys and second to bunnage in the finals. The new motors are making some horse but you have to get it to the ground. Congrats to them for the hard work and a good showing.

SORRY GUYS but I think they already got the invite for next year. Let me guess all of the tractors got off the line and none of them broke WTF:doh: As far as the 3.0 class goes I'm all for it BUT this is a NFMS and if they are going to only have one DIESEL TRUCK class guess what it's going to be the BIG BOY CLASS they put on the best show, on and off the track hands down.

SORRY GUYS but I think they already got the invite for next year. Let me guess all of the tractors got off the line and none of them broke WTF:doh: As far as the 3.0 class goes I'm all for it BUT this is a NFMS and if they are going to only have one DIESEL TRUCK class guess what it's going to be the BIG BOY CLASS they put on the best show, on and off the track hands down.

bauer runs that show and he hates diesel trucks also all the tractor guys hate trucks any ways the gas trucks will be back any way next year. have u ever noticed when trucks pull every body leaves 2 get more beer.

Actually there were very few people at the concessions or restrooms while the trucks were running compared to the light supers.

And as far as Vaughn Bauer. After talking to him a few times on the matter, its the street classes that he doesn't like. Mostly because of the guys running two 8" stacks bellowing smoke at the same level as the cab of the sled. He and his operators have to breathe all that soot and the pretty much can't see anything half the time. Its pretty dangerous.

I hope they do get to come back. Everybody worked very hard to put on a good show. I didnt get to go this year so i was just relaying what was said to me over the phone. Bill even said he hopes they get to come back too but at the same time there are other classes wanting to get in there and you dont get to many chances to get everything just right. The represenative that were there are as professional as any of the other pullers but if people are holding grudges against diesels, it makes it that much harder was all i was saying.
Tim

'''' They called me while the trucks were going and wanted to know why they were having such a hard time. They said some couldnt get started, taking to much time up ......

Ive got several calls *****ing about the,

"Unprofessional, non prepared, Busch league trucks" , "worst performance of a class in 17 years at Louisville". "How much friggin ether do they need? One truck ran OUT of ether and they only had one can!!! You can't bring two cans to the start line?!?!".

Ouch.

It got worse from there. Like we've never had to wait for a tractor.

I know its tractor guys and gasser trucks complaining, but it still sucks.
Breaking is one thing, being unprepared at the indoor Holy Grail of tractor pulling, with quite possibly the most critical and influential crowd of any pull is another.
Hopefully they will write it off as first time jitters, and get them back in next year for another shot.
Congratulations to Haisleys and Kellogg, nice job guys. I still can't believe Vans new truck got done in time!

The unlimited supers blew up and broke stuff. Hope these trucks are invited back. Eventhough it took time to run the class, most people stayed in their seats.

Worst things I noticed were how clumbsy the trucks are to move around. They are very heavy on the front which made them a handfull for the equipment to steer and park, which took extra time and limited the amount of trucks they could stage inside. Would probably work better to run the class first in a session to allow enough time to stage and park the trucks without interfering with the sled or track equipment.

yea i know that but its the same situation as far as them being clumsy and having to move them around in a similar way.

Whatever happened to the electric/hydraulic steering like in every other pull? Or was it a room issue therefore using the 3 point hitch on the tractors?
I sure hope they invite them back because i know a lot of us have been patiently waiting for them to run down there. It just wasn't a very good night for some of those guys. Hats off to them though. Brian

Whatever happened to the electric/hydraulic steering like in every other pull? Or was it a room issue therefore using the 3 point hitch on the tractors?
I sure hope they invite them back because i know a lot of us have been patiently waiting for them to run down there. It just wasn't a very good night for some of those guys. Hats off to them though. Brian

I think they are set up for tractors, light front ends easy to move around. They haven't worked around the diesel trucks yet. I have been indoor and the gassers will burn your eyes something fierce.

I'll post pics and vids tomorrow. Got lucky enough to sit front row. Atley broke right in front of us. The vid and pics show parts going everywhere. They basically carried the whole front end off and set it to the side.

I'll post pics and vids tomorrow. Got lucky enough to sit front row. Atley broke right in front of us. The vid and pics show parts going everywhere. They basically carried the whole front end off and set it to the side.

Heck it looked bad enough on the upper decks!!!!!

Back