Ticking Time Bomb Build Thread

Is your VE “pinned” on timing advance like some of the other 14mm VE’s out there? I ask because you say 24* of timing, or is that total advance? Are you monitoring case pressure in the VE?

I’ll say I think your cam is too big for our RPM limitations.

Weston would be the guy I’d call about some bigger injectors.

145 or 155 pistons?

I like your style man, but I stopped counting broken inputs on the ol Rags. It’s your rig but if you really want to stay with a hand shaker I’d jump **** to at least a 4500, it’s a simple swap in our trucks.

Post some videos of this old gal on YouTube and get us a link.

24* of total timing, I’m not monitoring case pressure.

Stock pistons

I’m definitely keeping the Getrag. I could put a 4500 in no problem but I really want to keep it as much of a 1st gen as possible

Weather has been crappy here so YouTube videos will be coming soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome build man! Glad to see your 14mm is living. When they made the pump, they could have set it up so the fuel tapers off real fast at high rpm, that's how mine is. VE pumps are grunt pumps I try to make the powerband about 2,000-2,800rpm. Make sure your AirDog has the pressure bumped up to 30psi to keep the 14 alive, and also check to see if your front seal has been loctited. I have 5x25 injectors from Scheid and like em, but they weren't cheap. Your compounds should be making more than 50 psi, so you may be onto something with the more fuel. The 57mm/71mm setup on my second gen that made 600rwhp made 65psi.

Honestly I’m fangirling a bit right now because you responded lol you’re the reason I even have this truck because I remember seeing your truck in Diesel Power and thinking “I have to beat that!”

Anyway I’ve talked to a couple people and they’ve said the same thing about 5x25’s

I’ll have to bump up my lift pump pressure definitely because it’s set at 18psi right now. (The front seal is loctited so no worries)

You get your injectors direct from Scheid?

Unless you have a VE still making 250cc+ At 4000rpm.

It’s a niche market and it won’t be overly popular here because we get excited about 500hp, but there’s been 2 12mm VE trucks make 500+ uncorrected in the last year. The only 2 I know of.(here comes smokinve on his jackstands)

The pump puts out a little over 400cc at 1800 pump rpm so 3600 engine rpm

Honestly I’m fangirling a bit right now because you responded lol you’re the reason I even have this truck because I remember seeing your truck in Diesel Power and thinking “I have to beat that!”

Anyway I’ve talked to a couple people and they’ve said the same thing about 5x25’s

I’ll have to bump up my lift pump pressure definitely because it’s set at 18psi right now. (The front seal is loctited so no worries)

You get your injectors direct from Scheid?

Yeah definitely bump pressure, and yeah they came from Scheid. I think the 5 holes are just the way to go. I love your truck, if you want to have a true sleeper you can clamp the front springs and get rid of the traction bars. It's going to be cool to see some dyno numbers, and I'll be at Scheid this year so maybe I'll run into ya!

You wanna push it with the bottle, I can definitely help out with some advice (How much nitrous? You need more.) on the right parts to get. I've always been jealous of the 600-700hp fuel only guys, so I think you should get there first.

Oh dear God.

The amount of VE "legends" in this thread...

Can't wait to see what this turns into.
I have beer Fondler.

Back